About the Women’s Independence Scholarship Program: The Women’s Independence Scholarship Program (WISP) is intended to assist women in obtaining the financial resources they require to attend college and get a higher education degree. The programme is intended for survivors of domestic abuse by an intimate partner, such as a spouse or boyfriend. This programme prefers to provide scholarships to students attending state community colleges, state colleges or universities, and technical or vocational schools.
The WISP provides scholarship money to survivors of domestic violence interested in furthering their education, and to advocates working in domestic violence programs, to increase professional development.ScholarshipBoard
Check Also: BECU Scholarship Program 2024 Application
Host Institution: Women’s Independence Scholarship Program Inc.
Level of Study: Not specified
Field of Study: The scholarship is not restricted to a particular field of study.
Number of Scholarship: Not specified
The scholarship is open to women who are also pursuing an education that aims to help them provide economic self-sufficiency for themselves and their children.Women’s Independence Scholarship Program 2024 Application
Scholarship Value and Inclusions:
$500-$2,000 per semester or quarter. For master’s degrees, our awards average $1,000 per semester or quarter.
Acceptance rate: Not specified
Eligibility for the Women’s Independence Scholarship Program
- Identify as a female survivor of intimate partner abuse
- Be physically separated from her abuser for a minimum of one year but not more than seven.
- Have sought services from a non-profit agency that provides services to survivors of intimate partner abuse for a minimum of 6 consecutive months.
- This agency is willing to act as a sponsor by mentoring and providing support to the student throughout her educational experience and can accept funds on behalf of the applicant, should a scholarship for living expenses be awarded.
- Be a citizen or permanent legal resident of the United States, or have an immigration status that makes her eligible for FAFSA, and be a current physical resident of the United States or its territories.
- Have applied to or been officially accepted into an accredited course of study at a United States institution.
Check Also: AnBryce Scholarship Program 2024 Application
The application requirements are;
- Application form
- Personal statement
- Official Transcript
- Income tax return and academic plan.
Application Portal: Interested applicants should visit the scholarship official website
How to Apply for the Women’s Independence Scholarship Program
- Visit the scholarship official
- Fill out the application form
- write the narrative
- complete release form
- upload document
- apply for review
Contacts: Email Address/Phone number; email@example.com, 910.397.7742
The deadline for the Women’s Independence Scholarship Program 2024 Application is March 1, 2024.