About the BECU Scholarship Program: The BECU Foundation Scholarship exemplifies BECU’s basic value of people helping others. Every year, this grant allows us to recognise and honour people who volunteer their time to help others while also pursuing postsecondary education.
The BECU Foundation seeks member candidates who reflect the people-helping-people attitude by actively giving back to their community, whether via volunteering or other meaningful contributions of time, effort, and concern. If this describes you, we invite you to apply.ScholarshipBoard
Host Institution: Not specified
Level of Study: Post-secondary Degree Program
Field of Study: The scholarship is not given to a specific field of study
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
The award is open to applicants who are BECU members and primary account holders, as well as graduating high school seniors or students currently enrolled in an eligible post-secondary degree program.
BECU Scholarship Value and Inclusions
The total dollars awarded for this scholarship are $62,500. $2,500 is awarded annually and is renewable for up to two years.
Eligibility for the BECU Scholarship
To be eligible for a BECU Foundation Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be members of BECU and be the primary account holders at the time of application. The account can be joint with a parent or guardian, but the applicant must be listed as the primary on at least one account.
- Applicants must be graduating high school seniors or students currently enrolled in a credit-bearing, accredited, nonprofit technical, two-year, or four-year college or university. Students in graduate programs are not eligible.BECU Scholarship Program 2024 Application
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.5 GPA through Fall 2023
- All scholarship recipients must be attending school full-time and enrolled in an accredited, nonprofit post-secondary institution in the United States for the academic year following the scholarship award.
- Relatives of any member of the BECU Foundation, the BECU Board of Directors, the BECU Supervisory Committee, the BECU Foundation Scholarship Selection Committee, the BECU Executive Management Team, the BECU Scholarship Selection Team, or any family members of the groups mentioned above are not eligible to apply.
Check Also: AnBryce Scholarship Program 2024 Application
To be considered for the BECU Foundation Scholarship for the 2024-2025 academic year, you must meet the eligibility criteria and complete each step below:
- Upload the following document to your online application:
- Unofficial transcript
- High school students: make sure your transcript shows grades through fall 2023 and cumulative GPA.
- If you are a Running Start student, make sure your college credits are reflected on your transcript.
- College students: make sure your transcript shows grades through fall 2023 and cumulative GPA.
- If you have fewer than 20 college credits, also submit your high school transcript.
- Unofficial transcript
- Request the following document through the application portal:
- Letter of Recommendation: Ensure your recommender submits an online form and a letter of recommendation. The recommender will receive an email with a link to complete and submit.
Application Portal: https://www.becu.org/members-matter/community-involvement/scholarships
How to Apply for the BECU Scholarship
- Complete an online application
- Applicants are required to submit their hours of community service, grade point average, and current transcript.
- Applicants must also respond to short-answer and essay questions related to their commitment to higher education and how their community service exemplifies the credit union philosophy of people helping people.
- You must have at least one résumé verification submitted in addition to your supporting documents for your application to be complete.
- Your verification should be submitted by your direct supervisor (who is not a family member) during your time of participation in the activity you have listed in your application.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to monitor the progress of all application requirements to ensure the application is complete. The status Complete will display on the home page when all forms have been submitted and all documents have been verified.
Check Also: Aaron Minc Scholarship Program 2023 Application
The deadline for the Boeing Employee Credit Union (BECU) Scholarship program 2024 application is January 31, 2024.