About the Daniel Murphy Scholarship: The Daniel Murphy Scholarship Fund (DMSF) is a humanitarian organization that offers high school scholarships and educational support to Chicago kids from low-income families. The foundation was established in honor of Daniel Murphy, a Chicago businessman and philanthropist, to provide chances for youngsters to get a great education and achieve personal growth.ScholarshipBoard
The Daniel Murphy Scholarship Fund gives high school scholarship assistance and educational support to Chicago students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds. There are currently over 450 DMSF Scholars attending 80 partner high schools, including many parochial, independent, and boarding schools. Since 1990, more than 2,200 students have been awarded scholarships.
Host Institution: The Daniel Murphy Scholarship Fund
Level of Study: High School Scholarship, College Preparatory Education, Support Programming, Academic Persistence, and Educational Access
Field of Study
The field of study is extensive and includes regular high school curricula rather than specific college or university majors.Daniel Murphy Scholarship Fund 2023 Application, Eligibility, How To Apply
Number of Scholarship: Not specified
Target Group: The scholarship is open to undergraduates who are 8th-grade students
Daniel Murphy Scholarship Value and Inclusions
The DMSF provides financial aid to pay a major amount of the tuition fees for high school students attending private, parochial, or residential institutions.
The scholarship does not cover the entire cost of tuition, and families are asked to contribute financially to their child’s education.
Acceptance rate: Not specified
Eligibility for the Daniel Murphy Scholarship Fund
- Applicants must be entering the 8th grade during the 2022–23 school year
- Must plan to attend a private, college preparatory high school
- Must reside in Chicago, Cicero, or Berwyn
- Students who exhibit strong academic potential, outstanding character, and financial need are encouraged to apply
Application Portal: Interested applicants should visit the scholarship’s official website
How to Apply for the Daniel Murphy Scholarship Fund
- Visit the scholarship’s official website
- Two (2) essays
- Student’s 7th-grade report card and 7th-grade standardized test scores (i.e. Aspire, NWEA)
- Detailed financial information, including 2021 tax documents (1040s and W2s) for both custodial and non-custodial parents
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (7th grade math teacher, 7th grade language arts teacher, and guidance counselor or principal).
The deadline for the submission of DMSF’s Class of 2028 applications is October 6, 2023.
Contacts: Email Address/Phone Number: firstname.lastname@example.org, 312-455-7800