About: The Furman Public Policy Scholarship Program is an innovative and experience-based program designed to train and support top students who are interested in pursuing careers in the public policy sector. The program emphasizes individualized academic planning and advice. Faculty and administration work closely with students to secure placements for their 1L and 2L summers, giving students the opportunity to engage in public policy issues at local, state, national, and international levels. Students also receive support in securing their post-graduate career placement, and each scholar is paired with a faculty mentor.ScholarshipBoard
Host Institution: New York University School of Law
Level of Study: The scholarship is for post-graduate
Field of Study
The Furman Public Policy Scholarship at New York University School of Law is established exclusively for students who are passionate about and committed to public policy. This outstanding fellowship program is dedicated to developing future public policy leaders and innovators.
Number of Scholarship: Not specified
Target Group: Open to students at New York University School of Law
Furman Public Policy Scholarship Values and Inclusions
The Furman Public Policy Scholarship values and inclusions are not specified.
Acceptance rate: Not specified
Eligibility for the Furman Public Policy Scholarship
- Academic excellence;
- Commitment to public policy work (shown through previous work history, campus activism, related internships, relevant research or thesis topics, and through the required application essay);Furman Public Policy Scholarship 2023 Application, Eligibility, How To Apply
- application, an additional essay (no more than 500 words) that describes your interest in public policy and what specific public policy areas you wish to pursue with your law school training.
- You are also required to submit a recommendation letter that speaks to your interest or experience in public policy.
- Demonstrated leadership ability;
- Diversity of public policy interests and background experience and knowledge.
Application Portal: Interested applicants should please visit the scholarship website
How to Apply for the Furman Public Policy Scholarship
- Visit the official scholarship website
- Please send the following materials:
- Statement of Interest
- Current resume
- Writing sample
The priority deadline for the Furman Public Policy scholarships is December 1, and all scholarship applications must be submitted on or before January 1, 2024.