About the University of Toronto Mastercard Scholarship: The MasterCard Foundation and the University of Toronto are thrilled to offer the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Programme at the University of Toronto to build Africa’s future generation of leaders.ScholarshipBoard
Suppose you are a student from Sub-Saharan Africa who has shown academic talent and is personally devoted to giving back to your nation while facing severe financial constraints. In that case, you are invited to apply to the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Programme.
Host Institution: University of Toronto, Canada
Level of study: Undergraduate
Field of Study
The fields of study for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars at U of T who have enrolled include:
- Life Sciences
- Business and Commerce
- Social Sciences
- Computer Science
- Public Health
- Physical Sciences
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
Acceptance rate: Not Specified
University Of Toronto Mastercard Scholarship Value/Inclusions
The UofT Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program provides selected students with:
- Full tuition and incidental fees
- Yearly textbook and supply allowance
- Laptop computer
- Fully furnished residence accommodation
- Meal plan
- Work-study positions on campus
- Comprehensive academic advising, mentoring, and study skills support
- Networking events, conferences, and more
All talented students from Sub-Saharan Africa pursuing undergraduate courses at the University of Toronto are eligible for the award.
Eligibility for The University Of Toronto Mastercard Scholarship
If you are a resident and citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country, you are eligible for the Toronto MasterCard Foundation Scholars Programme. You must be a first-time applicant to the University of Toronto who has not previously attended university. You are not eligible for the programme if you are a transfer student.University Of Toronto Mastercard Scholarship 2024 Application
To be eligible for the Toronto MasterCard Foundation Scholars Programme, you must meet the following requirements:
- be a resident of Sub-Saharan Africa and a graduate high school student;
- demonstrate financial need comparable to that of your country’s bottom two quintiles;
- having excellent academic performance in your educational system;
- having a track record of leadership and commitment in extracurricular activities
- preserve a strong desire to return to Africa to help and contribute to improved regional socioeconomic development;
- be a graduate of a recognised high school or have completed all academic prerequisites; and
- fulfill the required English requirements (depending on the country);
Please keep in mind that academic and English requirements vary depending on your home nation and educational system.
University Of Toronto Mastercard Scholarship Step-by-Step Application Guide
- Applicants must properly complete the application form. Fill in all of the needed information.
- Submit the form along with the necessary documentation.
- The reference letter must be uploaded by the referees.
- Applicants must submit their applications before the deadline for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship programme.
- Online application form
- Essays on leadership, community impact, and obstacles overcome
- High school transcripts
- Two reference letters affirming leadership and academic excellence
- Proof of family income documents.
The deadline for the submission of the University of Toronto Mastercard Foundation Scholarship program application for 2024 is December 10, 2023. Visit the Scholarship Webpage for more details.