About the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship: The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme is a Hungarian government initiative that provides overseas students with the option to pursue higher education in Hungary. The Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship program promotes the internationalization of Hungarian higher education and attracts top international students from all over the world who can establish personal and professional ties to Hungary while receiving a high-quality education in the heart of Europe.ScholarshipBoard
The scholarship program is based on bilateral educational agreements between Hungary and the sending partners’ governments, and it is offered in over 90 sending nations and territories across five continents. When graduates from the scholarship return to their home countries with marketable skills and knowledge, they can establish social, political, and economic ties, thereby contributing to the expansion and development of collaboration between Hungary and their home nations.
Host Institution: The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship program is available at 28 Hungarian universities, including premier universities. Check the scholarship website to see the list of partner universities.
Level of study: Undergraduate, Masters, Ph.D., Non-degree
Field of Study
The scholarship is available for various fields of study. They are as follows:
- Arts and Arts Education
- Animal Husbandry Engineering
- Agricultural Environmental Management Engineering
- Agricultural Water Management Engineering
- Food Safety and Quality Engineering
- Plant Protection
- Rural Development Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- International Economy and Business
- Engineering Management
- Environmental Engineering
- Mechatronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Urban Systems Engineering
- Complex Rehabilitation
- Public Health
- Social Work in Health Care
- Social Work and Social Economy
- English Studies
- American Studies
- Applied Mathematics
- Environmental Sciences
- Hydrobiology – Water Quality Management
- Molecular Biology
- Computer Science
- Computer Science Engineering
- European and International Business Law, LL.M.
- Computer Science and Information Technology
- Educational Science
- Health Science
- Medical and Health Science
- Political Science
- Natural Science
- Social Science
- Sports Science
- Teacher Training
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
Acceptance rate: Not Specified
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Value/Inclusions
The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship provides the following benefits to the recipient:
1. Education without tuition
2. Monthly allowance: Contribution to living expenses in Hungary of HUF 43,700 (about EUR 130) each month for 12 months, till completion of studies.
Doctoral level: according to current Hungarian legislation, the monthly scholarship amount is HUF 140 000 (about EUR 450) for the first phase of education (4 semesters) and HUF 180 000 (approximately EUR 580) for the second phase (4 semesters)—for 12 months, till completion of studies. Please visit Section 1.2.1 for more information.
3. Contribution for lodging: free dormitory space or a monthly gift of HUF 40 000 to housing expenditures for the length of the scholarship.
Please keep in mind that if the student does not live in the dormitory, the HUF 40 000/month is a contribution to the rental costs, and in larger cities, particularly the capital city, this payment may not cover the entire rental cost.
4. Medical coverage: health care services provided by Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and additional medical insurance for up to HUF 65 000 (about EUR 205) per person every year.Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2024 Application – How To Apply
The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship is open to all citizens who are from countries listed among the eligible sending partners. Check the link to see the list of eligible countries.
Eligibility for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship
- Candidates from qualified countries are encouraged to apply.
- They must be willing to study the university’s programmes.
- Applicants must commit to spending the term, depending on the degree programme chosen, to flourish forward.
- A high school diploma is required for candidates applying for a bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates must have a strong academic background.
- Candidates pursuing master’s degrees must hold a bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates for doctoral degrees must hold a master’s degree.
- A certificate of student status issued by the sending or home university is required for candidates applying for a one-tier or non-degree programme.
- Candidates must be nominated by the appropriate authorities of the sending partner nations.
Required Documents for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship
- Application Form
- Recommendation Letter
- Letter of Motivation
- Language proficiency certificate
- Identification documents
- Medical certificate
- Academic Transcripts
- School Certificates
- Educational Degrees to explain your educational background
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Step-by-Step Application Guide
- The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship application is completed entirely online. Applicants may apply to one of two programmes.
- Create an account on the application portal.
- Sign in and launch your application.
- Applicants must carefully provide all relevant facts and papers.
- Applicants must submit their applications before the deadline for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship.
- Stipendium Hungaricum interviews will be held following the application procedure, followed by the final selection.
The deadline for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship application submission is January 15, 2024. For more details on the scholarship application, check the official website.