About the CUCAS Scholarship: The China University and College Admission System (CUCAS) is an online portal where overseas students can apply to Chinese universities. It is an official online platform for overseas students applying to institutions in China. CUCAS frequently gives information on scholarships for overseas students studying in China as part of their services.
CUCAS’s mission is to assist international students in making educated decisions about higher education in China by assisting them and their parents through the application process. The purpose of this scholarship is to promote education, culture, trade, educational and political exchanges, cooperation, and mutual understanding between other nations and China. International students from all over the world are welcome to apply.ScholarshipBoard
Host Institution: The scholarship is hosted by all approved and accredited Chinese Institutions of higher learning
Level of study: Undergraduate, Masters, and Ph.D.
Field of Study: This scholarship is open to all areas of study in eligible Chinese institutions of higher learning.
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
Acceptance rate: Not Specified
CUCAS Scholarship Value/Inclusions
The Chinese Government Scholarship provides the following benefits to the recipient:
- Type A CSC Scholarships cover registration costs, housing (in a university residence in a shared room with another student), basic medical insurance, and a monthly allowance for personal needs (between 2,500 and 3,500 Yuan per month, or about 350 and 500 USD).
- Except for the monthly stipend for personal expenses, the Type B CSC Scholarship covers the same as the Type A scholarship.
- Another form of partial scholarship with limited benefits is the CSC Scholarship.
Because of the strong demand for Type A CSC scholarships, they are more competitive. If you can afford living expenses, apply for a Type B or Type C CSC scholarship because they are easier to obtain.CUCAS Scholarship 2023 Application Form, Eligibility, How To Apply
Target Group: The CUCAS Scholarship is open to all students who are not citizens of China and are not registered for another scholarship.
Eligibility for the CUCAS Scholarship
The minimal eligibility conditions for the Chinese Government Scholarship are as follows:
- International Student (Not a Chinese national)
- You must not have any other scholarship from the Chinese government or any of its delegations.
- The minimum age requirement is:
- Undergraduate students must be under the age of 25.
- The age limit for a master’s degree is 35 years.
- The age limit for a Ph.D. is 40 years.
- Minimum requirements:
- For undergraduate students, a Higher Secondary School Certificate or equivalent is required.
- A bachelor’s degree is required for a master’s degree
- A master’s degree is required for a doctoral degree.
CUCAS Scholarship Step-by-Step Application Guide
The quick and uncomplicated application procedure outlined below will assist you in applying for a Chinese Government Scholarship:
- Application Period: The CSC Scholarship application period runs from January to April each year. Different deadlines apply to different authorized agencies or universities. You should check the application deadlines of the colleges of your choice.
- The CSC Scholarship application must be completed online (in English or Chinese). You can use this CSC portal account to apply to three institutions.
- You will be asked to select the type of scholarship based on its funding (A, B, or C) and the number of authorized agencies or universities (a code that you will find on the internet or that will be provided by the university you have chosen) at the beginning of the online application form.
- After completing all of the information in the online application for the Chinese Government Scholarship, you must attach the appropriate papers in PDF format (see list below).
Download this application after submitting your online Chinese Government Scholarship application.
- Choose a Chinese university and a course.
- Check to see if the Chinese university of your choosing requires an online admissions application and the Chinese Government Scholarship application.
- If that university requires an online application, fill out that application and attach your Chinese Government Scholarship application.
- Make two sets of documents (see list below) and send them to the university address.
- As of mid-July, the results will be made public on the same application page. From that point on, the entities proceed to distribute the necessary papers to process the study visa in the candidates’ home country.
The CUCAS Scholarship submission of applications is from September to November for the spring intake and from February to April for the autumn intake. For more details on the scholarship application, visit the official website.