About the SBW Berlin Scholarship: SBW Berlin Scholarships are distinguished academic prizes intended to assist international students pursuing undergraduate, graduate, or postgraduate studies in Berlin, Germany. The Studienkolleg zu Berlin (SKB) funds the scholarships, which seek to encourage academic achievement and intercultural interchange by offering financial help to excellent students from all over the world.ScholarshipBoard
The SBW Berlin Scholarships program offers foreign students a great opportunity to study in one of the world’s most vibrant and culturally diverse cities while acquiring important academic and professional experience. Scholarship recipients become part of a lively community of academics and researchers, benefiting from a variety of academic and social events designed to enhance their personal and professional development.
Host Institution: Universities in Berlin or Potsdam, Germany
Level of study: Undergraduate and Masters degree
Field of Study
The SBW Berlin Scholarship offers scholarships in a variety of academic disciplines to international students.
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
Acceptance rate: Not Specified
SBW Berlin Scholarship Value and Inclusions
For the duration of the scholarship (the maximum funding period is equivalent to the regular period of the study program), SBW Berlin covers the necessary living expenses of the scholarship recipients. The scholarship includes:
- a furnished room in shared student flats in Berlin
- cost-of-living allowance is currently in the amount of 480 Euro per month
- tuition fees
- possibly also a travel contribution for the journey to Berlin before the start of the course of
study and for the journey home after successful completion of the course
First payments can only be made after the scholarship recipient has moved into the shared student
apartment. Part-time jobs are generally not approved by SBW Berlin.
The SBW Berlin Scholarship is open to international students willing to study in universities or institutes in Berlin or Potsdam.
Eligibility for the SBW Berlin Scholarship
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Between 18 and 30 years old
- Professional or volunteer experience in the non-profit or social sector (proven by a social
institution’s letter of recommendation)
- Able to prove that they have not stayed in Germany for more than 18 months before the
application.SBW Berlin Scholarship 2023 Application, Eligibility, Deadline, How To Apply
- Qualifications for University Entrance
- Intention to work in their country of origin for at least 18 months after graduation or to
engage in non-profit work until the repayment plan has been fulfilled
- Able to prove a relatively low net income
- Average grades correspond to a German grade point average of at least 2.0
- No first-degree family members who reside permanently in Germany
- Application before the start of their university education or fully enrolled in the first, second
or max. third semester at a state-recognized university (in Germany or abroad) or
application for a master’s degree shortly before or after obtaining a bachelor’s degree
Applications that do not meet all the requirements stated above cannot be considered.
SBW Berlin Scholarship Step-by-Step Application Guide
- Students must have proof of admission or acceptance to an approved university in Potsdam or Berlin.
- The application process is completed online.
- After reviewing the information, click the Apply Now option to the right.
- Fill out the application and accompanying documentation.
- Before beginning your application, make sure to read the terms and conditions.
- You must also have all documentation, including a motivation letter, available.
- Only fully completed applications will be considered.
- Send the application, certifications, and supporting documents in German or English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application deadline for the SBW Berlin Scholarship is June 30, 2023. For more details on the scholarship, visit the Official Website.