About the Scholarship for Christian Young People (SCYP): The Hungarian Government’s “Scholarship for Christian Young People” programme aims to provide scholarship opportunities for young Christian students from nations experiencing various forms of persecution. This scholarship allows students to pursue higher education in Hungary and grow professionally and academically while also establishing relationships between Central European and Christian communities around the world.ScholarshipBoard
Budapest Business School, University of Applied Sciences, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Eotvos Lorand University, Eszterhazy Karoly University, Karoli Gaspar University of the Reformed Church in Hungary, Obuda University, Pazmany Peter Catholic University, Szechenyi Istvan University, Szent Istvan University, University of Debrecen Urban, University of Dunaujvaros, University of Miskolc, University of Pecs, University of Public Service, University of Sopron, University of Szeged. All of these institutions are in Hungary.
Level of study: Undergraduate, Masters, Ph.D.
Field of Study: Please click the link to see the available field of study for the scholarship.
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
Acceptance rate: Not Specified
- Tuition-free education entails not having to pay a tuition charge.
- Monthly stipend: bachelor, master, and one-tier master level: a monthly contribution to living expenses in Hungary of HUF 119 000 (about EUR 380) for 12 months, till completion of studies.Scholarship for Christian Young People (SCYP) in Hungary 2023 Application
- Accommodation: a dormitory place or a HUF 40 000 contribution to housing expenditures for the duration of the scholarship period
- Travel expenses reimbursed: HUF 200 000 per year (about EUR 645)
- Medical insurance provides health care services in accordance with Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) as well as additional medical insurance for up to HUF 65 000 (about EUR 205) per person per year.
The scholarship is open for the citizens of following countries:
Egypt, Lebanese Republic, Republic of Iraq, State of Israel, Palestine, Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Syrian Arab Republic, The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Republic of Kenya, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, and Nigeria.
Eligibility for the Scholarship for Christian Young People
- It is possible that the candidates do not hold Hungarian citizenship.
- Local churches are required to authenticate and confirm that the applicant is a member of their religious group. Only applications with the advice of the local Church and the permission of the Deputy State Secretariat for the Aid of Persecuted Christians will be considered for a scholarship.
- Scholarship recipients must have the necessary language and education credentials, as well as the degrees required by the host university of the chosen degree programme.
- The scholarship holders agree in the scholarship agreement that after the scholarship agreement expires, they will return to their home countries if local security and political conditions permit.
- Scholarships are available to young applicants who are over the age of 18 when their schooling begins.
- A person can only win the scholarship once per study level.
Scholarship Step-by-Step Application Guide
All applications must be filed using Hungary Helps Agency’s online application portal. Applicants can access the application system and upload relevant documents after registering. For more details on the application process, visit the programme webpage.
The deadline for the submission of the Hungarian Government’s Scholarship for Christian Young People application is January 10.