About the Qatar Government Scholarship for International Students: Each academic year, Qatar University offers a diverse range of scholarship recipients to attract highly qualified students. The university offers this scholarship to applicants from countries other than Qatar. These applicants may be nominated by their embassies or apply to Qatar University directly.
Host Institution: Qatar University
Level of study: Undergraduate and Postgraduate (Masters and PhD)
Field of Study
- Business and EconomicsScholarshipBoard
- Arts and Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Sharia and Islamic Studies
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
Acceptance rate: Not Specified
Qatar Government Scholarship Value/Inclusions
The values and inclusions of the Qatar Government Scholarship for successful candidates include:
- Tuition fees are paid for
- Monthly stipend
- Accommodation in a student dorm
- Transport to and from campus
- Annual round-trip flight ticket
- Textbook fees paid for
- Residence permit sponsored by Qatar University
- Guaranteed admission to the chosen degree program (except for medicine and dentistry) (only for the talent scholarship)
Target Group: The scholarship is open to students who are not from Qatar and may be nominated by their embassies or apply directly to Qatar University.
Eligibility for the Qatar Government Scholarship
Those who are eligible for the scholarship are:
- International students who have excelled academically (for international students scholarship)
- Applicants with a high school diploma or an equivalent level of education
Students with average high school grades of at least 95% (for international students scholarship) or at least 80% (for talent scholarship)
- Applicants that have received final university acceptance (only for international students scholarships)
- Students who meet the admissions requirements of the college to which they are applying
- Applicants with a good reputation (only for international students)
- Students with demonstrated potential in scientific research, technology and innovation, literature, art, media, and athleticism, as evidenced by a portfolio and recommendation letter (only for the talent scholarship),
- Students who have not received another scholarship or sponsorship during the scholarship period (exception: talent scholarship overseas students, subject to terms and restrictions)
- Applicants who have never gotten this scholarship benefit (just for the talent scholarship)
- Applicants that completed the personal interview with the committee (only for the talent scholarship)Qatar Government Scholarship For International Students 2024 Application
For the international student scholarship:
- Original high school transcript
- Other documents that are required by the study program for admission
For the talent scholarship:
- A final transcript of the 11th grade and the first semester of the 12th grade
- At least two letters of recommendation based on the requirements
- A portfolio letter consisting of a link to files presenting their talent and recent achievements in the field of talents
Qatar Government Scholarship Step-by-Step Application Guide
- Check out the Qatar University official website and the scholarship information page.
- Read all of the offered information. Check to see if you are eligible to apply for both the scholarship and the desired study programme.
- Begin your application by going to the online admissions application.
- During the application period, complete the scholarship application.
- Upload the relevant documentation before the conclusion of the application period (only for talent scholarship applicants).
- Send the relevant documentation to the Qatar University Admissions Department in Qatar before the application deadline (only for overseas student scholarship applicants).
The deadline for applying for the scholarship for the Fall 2023 session will be October 18, 2023. For more details on the scholarship, check the official website.