About the Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) Scholarship: The Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) is a public charity organisation established in Bristol, Vermont, that the Internal Revenue Service of the United States has approved. You are welcome to apply for the WMI Scholars Programme for developing-country students.ScholarshipBoard
This scholarship is often awarded for the duration of the programme; however, applicants must maintain good grades, participate in community service, and fulfil WMI requirements for presenting an official copy of school or course grades and completing the semester report.
Host Institution: The scholarship is sponsored by the Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) and hosted in the home country or any developing country.
Level of study: Undergraduate
Field of Study: The scholarship covers a wide range of fields of study.
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
Acceptance rate: Not Specified
Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) Scholarship Value/Inclusions
WMI scholarships range from USD 300 to USD 3,000 per year and are available throughout the recipient’s undergraduate studies. While the maximum scholarship is USD 3,000, it is rarely awarded. The average scholarship award is USD 1,500. The scholarship also covers:
- The cost of tuition and fees
- Books and supplies
- Other expenses
Target Group: The Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) Scholarship is open to International students from developing countries.
Eligibility for the Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) Scholarship
The ideal candidate should be a student, male or female, from a developing nation who:
- Have completed secondary education and received good to excellent marks
- Is 35 years old or younger on March 1, 2023
- Will be studying in his or her home country or another developing country
- Is in the process of earning his or her first bachelor’s degree or diploma
- Will be enrolled in a programme of study that will benefit the community and/or contribute to the country’s continued growth and advancement
- After graduation, he or she intends to live and work in his or her home country.
- Before applying, he or she exhibited a commitment to giving back by volunteering.
- He or she may have some additional cash for education but will be unable to pursue a tertiary degree without financial support.
Applicants are required to present the following documents:
- A clear personal photo
- Essay (topic is stated on the application form)
- 2023 application form
- Personal essay statement
- Two recommendation letters
- Official transcript of grades from secondary school
- Official grading key to interpret secondary school grades
- Official transcript of grades from tertiary studies (if applicable)
- Official grading key to interpret tertiary grades
- Official results from your national exam
- Official grading key to interpret scores on your national exam
Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) Scholarship Step-by-Step Application Guide
How to Apply: You can apply for this scholarship either online or by mailing a full application packet to the office.Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) Scholarship For Developing Countries
- For applying online: You can apply online by accessing the application portal and creating a free account (username and password), filling out information, and uploading documents. It is strongly advised that you apply online because you will be able to save your work and return to it several times. You will also ensure that your application will be received and reviewed after it is filed online. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
- Mail-in: You must print the 2023 application form, and it is your responsibility to complete it and attach it with all the required supporting documents before sending it.
The deadline for the submission of application is March 1, 2023. Visit the Official Website for Further Details