About the United Federation of Teachers Scholarship: The United Federation of Teachers Albert Shanker College Scholarship Fund grants college scholarships to kids from families with low incomes. The fund is financed by UFT Welfare Fund contributions and awards for graduating seniors from NYC high schools who fulfill academic qualifications and have a household income within established limits.ScholarshipBoard
Each year, the United Federation of Teachers proudly awards $1 million in undergraduate and graduate scholarships to academically excellent and financially eligible students from New York City public schools. Scholarship winners are living proof that excellence can thrive in New York City schools. Their hard work—and the dedication of all the educators who worked with them—enabled them to achieve academic distinction.
Host Institution: The Albert Shanker College
Level of Study: Undergraduate Degree
Field of Study
The programme is limited to New York City public high school seniors who will graduate from a vocational, academic, or alternative school or will receive an equivalency diploma from a public evening school or a New York City Board of Education alternative educational program.United Federation Of Teachers Scholarship 2023 Application
Check Also: Thrive Scholarship Program 2023 Application
Number of Scholarship: Not specified
Target Group: Open to high school seniors who are Residents of New York County, New York
Scholarship Value and Inclusions: $5,000
Acceptance rate: Not specified
Eligibility for the United Federation Of Teachers Scholarship
- Only students who received the UFT undergraduate college scholarships are eligible for the graduate awards.
- Winners of the graduate scholarships also must have high academic standing, demonstrate leadership qualities, and meet family income requirements.
- To qualify for the UFT Albert Shanker scholarships, students must have family income levels no higher than the maximum set by the Albert Shanker College Scholarship Fund
- Maximum levels vary according to the number of dependents in the family. Further details and exact income data are listed on page four of the scholarship instructions.
- Students must show valid proof of family income, which must include the income of parents, step-parents, guardians, or any other adults who have assumed legal responsibility for the applicant.
- The Scholarship Fund requires tax returns and other official documents as proof of family income.
- An applicant whose family lives abroad will also be required to appropriately document family income.
Application Portal: Interested applicants should visit the scholarship’s official website
How to Apply for the United Federation Of Teachers Scholarship
- Visit the scholarship online portal
- Fill in the required details
Check Also: John Lennon Scholarship 2024 Application
Contacts: Email Address/Phone Number: firstname.lastname@example.org, 212-529-2110
The deadline for the United Federation of Teachers Scholarship 2023 application is December 15, 2023.