About the McCall MacBain Scholarships: The McCall MacBain Scholarships bring together extraordinary students who want to make a positive difference by taking on relevant leadership responsibilities. McCall MacBain Scholars meet with mentors and take part in an interdisciplinary leadership program while completing a fully financed master’s or professional degree at McGill University.
The McCall MacBain fellowship is a complete graduate fellowship that offers students mentorship, interdisciplinary study, and a worldwide network to help them have a greater influence on the world.ScholarshipBoard
McCall MacBain Scholarships at McGill is located on a ground that has traditionally functioned as a meeting and trading point for Indigenous peoples, notably the Haudenosaunee and Anishinabeg nations.
Host Institution: McGill University
Level of study: Master’s and Second-entry Professional Undergraduate Program
Field of Study: The McCall MacBain Scholarships at McGill University are not limited to specific fields of study or degree programs. Scholars can choose from a variety of undergraduate programs at McGill.
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
Acceptance rate: Not Specified
Check Also: Lowes Scholarship Program 2024 Application
McCall MacBain Scholarships Value/Inclusions:
During academic years, students get a $2,000 monthly living allowance from the scholarship. More importantly, the McCall MacBain Scholarship will provide students with the mentorship, multidisciplinary study, and global community they require to have a good effect on the world.
Every year, two more types of prizes are available: Finalist prizes of $10,000 for graduate studies at McGill and Regional Awards of $5,000 for graduate studies at any public university in Canada, including Western.
Therefore, the scholarship covers:
- Tuition and fees for the full normal duration of the master’s or professional program
- A living stipend of $2,000 per month during academic terms
- A one-time relocation grant for moving to Montréal
Scholars who are not pursuing an academic term during the summer may apply for up to $5,000 to pursue meaningful summer experiences.McCall MacBain Scholarships Program 2024 Application
Target Group: The award is intended for high-achieving students from Canada and overseas who have the potential to become tomorrow’s leaders and changemakers.
Check Also: Regent Scholarship UC Davis Application
Eligibility for the McCall MacBain Scholarships
To be eligible to apply for our 2025 cohort, you will need to meet ONE of the following criteria:
- You are a current student on track to earn your first bachelor’s degree by August 2025
- You earned your first bachelor’s degree in the last five years (January 2019 or later)
- You earned your first bachelor’s degree more than five years ago and will be 30 years or younger in 2024
You will also need to meet the minimum degree and language requirements for McGill master’s program admission.
How to apply for the McCall MacBain Scholarships
1. Start your application online via the McGill Scholarships and Student Aid Office portal before the annual deadline. You will need to create an account and profile.
2. Fill out the basic application form online. This includes your biographical and contact information.
3. Submit all supporting documentation which includes:
- Academic transcripts from high school/CEGEP
- A personal essay outlining your background, academic interests, extracurricular activities, future goals, etc.
- Reference letters (usually 2) from teachers or mentors
- Evidence of leadership skills and community/volunteer activities
4. Complete any special requirements for international students if applicable. This may include English proficiency test scores.
5. Attend an interview if you are selected as a shortlisted candidate after the initial application review. The interviews are usually held between March and May each year.
6. Wait for final decisions to be released around mid-June each year after all interviews are completed.
Check Also: Bright Future Scholarship Application 2024
Application Website: https://mccallmacbainscholars.org/apply/
The application period for the 2025 cohort begins on June 1, 2024. Students and graduates from Canadian and US universities, as well as Canadians living abroad, must apply by September 25. All other applicants must apply by August 21.