About the ANSO Scholarship – The ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents is a program sponsored by the Alliance of International Science Organisations (ANSO) that assists students worldwide in pursuing postgraduate studies in China.ScholarshipBoard
The Alliance of International Science Organisations (ANSO) was created 2018 as a non-profit, non-governmental international organization. 37 scientific institutions, universities, and international organizations worldwide are among the founding members. ANSO’s mission is to strengthen regional and global capabilities in science and technology, as well as human livelihoods and well-being, and to foster greater S&T collaboration and communication. The ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents (hence referred to as the ANSO Scholarship) was officially inaugurated in 2019 with the purpose of teaching and developing young scientists from around the world.
- University of Science and Technology of China (USTC)
- University of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS)
- Institutes of Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS)
Level of study: Master’s Programs and Ph.D. Programs
Field of Study
Generally, the available fields of study in the host institutions are:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Structural, Cell, and Molecular Biology
- Biological Systems and Organisms
- Medical and Health Sciences, incl. Neurosciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Astronomy, Space, and Earth Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Social and Economic Sciences
Number of Scholarships: 500; 200 for Master’s and 300 for Ph.D.
Acceptance rate: Not Specified
ANSO Scholarship Value/Inclusions
The ANSO Scholarship values/inclusions are:
- Full tuition fee coverage
- Accommodation expenses
- Health insurance
- Living allowance
- Monthly stipends for the duration of the program
Target Group: The ANSO Scholarship is open to all nationalities
Eligibility for the ANSO Scholarship
- Eligible applicants must not be Chinese nationals.
- Applicants must be fluent in either English or Chinese.
- For Master’s program applicants, you must have been born after January 1, 1993 (inclusive).
- For PhD program applicants, you must have been born after January 1, 1988 (inclusive).
- Eligible applicants must meet the USTC/UCAS entrance criteria for international students.
- Eligible applicants should not accept any other assignments during the scholarship time.
- If you are presently pursuing a master’s degree at any Chinese university or institution, you are NOT eligible for this scholarship’s master’s program. If you are currently pursuing a doctorate at any Chinese university or institution, you are ineligible for this scholarship’s PhD program. Otherwise, you will be denied admission and the matter will be reported to your existing university/institution.
- Photocopy of passport (ordinary passport with validity of at least one year).
- Curriculum vitae
- Research proposal.
- Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors (with phone number and email address).
- Physical examination form.
- Copy of HSK (Chinese proficiency) or IELTS or TOEFL (English proficiency) certificate.
- Copy of diploma certificate and transcripts for bachelor’s and master’s degree (if applicable) notarized.ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents 2023 Application Form – How To Apply
ANSO Scholarship Step-by-Step Application Guide
Applicants who want to apply for the ANSO Scholarship for International Students to study in China must follow the steps outlined below:
- For USTC applicants, please click the link to see the Application Guidelines for Graduate Applicants to USTC.
- For UCAS applicants, please click the link to see the 2023 Call for Applications to Study at UCAS via the ANSO Scholarship.
Fill out and submit your application through the USTC/UCAS admission portal by the deadline. Choose “the ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents” as your application topic.
- To the USTC admission system portal, please click here
- To the UCAS admission system portal, please click here
If the documents supplied are not in Chinese or English, a certified Chinese or English translation must be attached.
The deadline for the submission of the ANSO Scholarship application form is February 15, 2023.
If you have any questions about the ANSO Young Talents Scholarship, please email: