About the ICCR Scholarship – The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) is a government of India organization that reports to the Ministry of External Affairs. The ICCR scholarship promotes cultural exchange and mutual understanding between India and other countries. As part of India’s soft diplomacy efforts, the ICCR provides scholarships to international students so that they can study at Indian universities and institutions.ScholarshipBoard
ICCR Scholarship Host Institution
Scholarships from the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) enable international students to study at various recognized educational institutions throughout India. Check the list of host institutions for the ICCR scholarship in India.
Also Check: Erasmus Mundus Scholarship 2024 Application Form
Level of study
The ICCR Scholarship is available for studies at Indian universities and higher education institutes at the undergraduate, master’s, doctoral, and postdoctoral levels.
Field of Study
Students will be admitted in science, technology, arts, and humanities. The program’s primary goal is to spread awareness of Indian culture, heritage, and diversity among international students. This involves music, dance, theater, performing art, sculpture, Indian languages, Indian cuisines, etc.
Number of Scholarship: 900 for African Students
Acceptance rate: Not Specified
ICCR Scholarship Scholarship Value/Inclusions
Every value here is in Indian Rupee
Living allowance (Stipend) (Per Month):
- For undergraduate – 5,500
- Postgraduate – 6,000 M.Phil / Ph.D 7,000
- Post-doctoral Fellow – 7,500
House Rent Allowance (Per Month):
- In Grade 1 cities – 5,000
- In other cities – 4,500
Contingent Grant (per annum):
- Undergraduate – 5,000
- Postgraduate – 7,000,
- M/Phil / Ph.D. and M.Tech./ME – 12,500
- Postdoctoral studies – 15,500
- Tuition Fee/Other Compulsory Fee, Thesis and dissertation Expenses (Once in the entire duration of the course)ICCR Scholarship 2024 Application Form, Eligibility, How To Apply
- D Scholar – 10,000 and for BBA/BCA/MBA/MCA/M.Tech and other courses required submission of Project – 7.000
Under the scheme, scholars are expected to seek treatment only at medical centers or dispensaries attached to universities / Institutes where they are enrolled or in the nearest Government hospital (Bill are settled as admissible according to AMA/CGHS norms)
The ICCR Scholarship is open to citizens of all countries around the world.
Also Check: Larry H Miller Scholarship 2024 – Apply Here
Eligibility and Requirements For The ICCR Scholarship
- Students applying for doctoral/postdoctoral programs should include a synopsis of the proposed research area.
- Students interested in studying the performing arts should include video/audio cassettes of their recorded performances if possible.
- Candidates must have an excellent understanding of the English language.
- ICCR will not accept applications sent directly by students or by local embassies/high commissions in New Delhi.
- Students who have never studied in India before will be given priority.
- Candidates should be aware that Indian universities and educational institutions are autonomous and independent, with their own eligibility criteria that must be met. Please keep in mind that the University’s acceptance of your application does not guarantee admission. Only after ICCR has confirmed admission will a scholarship be awarded.
- A valid visa is required for students. Students should check with the Indian Embassy/High Commission to ensure they have the correct visa. If a scholar arrives without a proper visa and his/her actual admission to the University/Institute does not materialize, he/she will be deported to his/her home country.
- Before departing for India, scholars should obtain a comprehensive briefing from the Indian Diplomatic Mission in their home country on living conditions in India, scholarship details, and the type and duration of the course to which they have been admitted. Scholars should notify the Indian Embassy/High Commission of their travel plans well in advance so that the ICCR can arrange for their reception and other needs.
- Scholars should bring some cash with them to cover incidental expenses when they arrive in India.
- Scholars who have been awarded scholarships should bring all documents pertaining to their qualifications in original to the respective college/university for verification at the time of admission.
The ICCR Scholarship Step-by-Step application guide
To apply for the scholarship, you will have to follow the procedures:
- You must first visit the official website and then log in.
- Then click on the register button.
- Then, select the A2A scholarship option, and a list of scholarships will appear on the screen.
- When you select a scholarship, the application form appears on the screen.
- Fill out all of your information completely because they will verify your application with the original documents you attach to the application form.
- Then, attach all necessary documents for the scholarship application, such as scanned copies of your passport, academic transcripts, and other documents.
- When students submit their applications, the department will send them a confirmation email.
- When you submit your application, check the status every week.
Check the official website for the ICCR Scholarship
Also Check: USC Merit Scholarships College Confidential
The scholarship deadline is usually in the month of May since it’s annually. There could be an extension sometimes, so it is advisable to check the official website from time to time for current updates on the deadline date.