About: University of Southern California is a private, nonprofit school in an urban setting in Los Angeles, California. USC was founded in 1880 and now enrolls around 46,107 students a year, including 19,606 undergrads. USC offers housing for up to 7,600 students. Most students live in off-campus housing.ScholarshipBoard
Host Institution: University of Southern California
Level of Study
Open to students who studied anthropology, computer science, or the life sciences, you will have opportunities to explore, challenge, and distinguish yourself.
Field of Study: Open to students with special qualifications, such as academic, athletic, or artistic talent.
Number of Scholarship: Not specified
Read Also: Viner Scholarship
History of the USC Merit Scholarships
USC Merit Scholarships are awarded to incoming freshmen who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement, leadership, and service. The scholarships are funded by a variety of sources, including the USC endowment, alumni donations, and corporate sponsorships.
Target Group: The scholarship is open to freshmen, undergraduate and graduate students
Scholarship Value & Inclusions
USC Merit Scholarships range in value from $5,000 to full tuition. Some scholarships also include additional benefits, such as room and board, travel expenses, and research funding.
Acceptance rate: Not specified
Read Also: Kohls Kid Who Care Scholarship
Eligibility and Requirements for the USC Merit Scholarships
To be eligible for USC Merit Scholarships, students must meet the following criteria:
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.5
- Have a minimum SAT score of 1300 or ACT score of 29
- Submit a completed USC application form
- Submit official transcripts from all high schools attended
- Submit official SAT or ACT scores
In addition to the above criteria, some USC Merit Scholarships have additional requirements. For example, the Presidential Scholarship requires students to have a minimum GPA of 4.0 and a minimum SAT score of 1450 or an ACT score of 33.USC Merit Scholarships College Confidential
Application Portal: Interested applicants should visit the scholarship official website
Read Also: Digital Privacy Scholarship
How to Apply for the USC Merit Scholarships
- Visit the scholarship’s official website
- Administered through the Office of Admission, USC Merit Scholarships require students to apply for admission to the university by the December 1 deadline.
- All students who submit a complete application will be automatically considered for a scholarship. Ranging in value from a few thousand dollars up to full tuition, merit scholarships are awarded based on academic excellence, leadership, service, and talent.
- These include the full-tuition, four-year Trustee scholarship, the half-tuition Presidential Scholarship, and the one-quarter tuition Deans Scholarship.
Contacts: Email Address/Phone number; @USCAdmission
Read Also: Cook Scholarship
The deadline to apply for USC Merit Scholarships is typically in December of each year. The exact deadline is announced on the USC website each fall.