About the Scholarship: The scholarship program of the Turkish Diyanet Foundation is designed to contribute to the Islamic education of Muslim communities, establish cultural bridges between Turkey and related societies, and offer experience in the field of Islam and Islamic education. The Turkiye Diyanet Foundation (TDV) is a non-profit organization established by Turkey’s Presidency of Religious Affairs to promote education, culture, and social services in Turkey and around the world.
Diyanet Burslari Scholarship Host Institution
Students will be enrolled in one of the universities in Ankara, Bursa, Istanbul, Konya, or Kayseri. they are as follows:
- Ankara University
- Ankara Social Sciences University
- İstanbul University
- Marmama University
- 29 Mayıs University
- Bursa Uludağ University
- Konya Necmettin Erbakan University
- Kayseri Erciyes University
Level of study: Undergraduate and Postgraduate (Masters and Ph.D.)
Field of Study: Islamic Theology (Basic Islamic Sciences, Philosophy and Religious studies, Islamic History and Arts), languages, and vocational training.ScholarshipBoard
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
Acceptance rate: Not Specified
Below are the benefits that will be awarded to selected candidates:
Bachelor’s Degree Applicants
- Tuition Fees;
- Monthly allowance determined by the board at the beginning of every year;
- Health insurance;
- Round trip flight ticket at the beginning and the end of the program;
- Summer and Winter camps
- Library, Indoor and outdoor sports facilities;
- Extra-Curricular Activities
Masters and PhD Applicants
- A monthly scholarship will be provided for 12 months per year.
- Students who request to live in dorms may be provided with housing assistance if their request is accepted. In this instance, their scholarship support is reduced by 30%.
- Health insurance and healthcare costs will be covered.
- Tuition and living expenses will be covered.
- Students from other countries will have their transportation costs covered both when they arrive and when they return to their home countries after completing their program.
Target Group: Open to all nationalities
Eligibility and Requirements for the Scholarship
The applicants for the scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- Not to be a citizen of the Republic of Türkiye.
- Citizens of the Republic of Türkiye and those who have lost Turkish citizenship for any reason will have their applications annulled.
- To be born not earlier than 01.01.2002.
- Not to have any mental or physical health problem and obstacle to study in Türkiye.
- To graduate from an educational institution equivalent to the high school level in our country with at least a good grade (70%) or to be able to graduate in July of the relevant year.
- Not to have received a disciplinary penalty or been sentenced during their education in their country.Diyanet Burslari Scholarship 2024 Application Form – How to Apply
- Not taking a break from education for more than two years after high school.
- Not being removed from our Foundation’s scholarship while studying at any educational level as a scholarship holder of our Foundation..
- Candidates should not be studying in a program in Türkiye at the level they will apply.
- Valid original high school diploma (certificate) or a certified copy,
- A transcript showing that he/she has completed the high school level well, and if he/she is a senior, the original or a certified copy of the previous year’s transcript,
- Diploma equivalency certificate of students (in Turkish),
- Original passport or a copy certified by official institutions,
- Education valid visa
- Health report obtained from an official health institution, states that he/she does not have a disease that prevents him/her from studying in Türkiye in terms of health,
- 6 passport photographs (4.5 x6 cm in size),
- Reference and Letter of Intent regarding his/her education in Türkiye,
- If he/she has any Certificates of academic, professional, language, skills etc.
Also Check: Erasmus Mundus Scholarship 2024 Application Form
Diyanet Burslari Scholarship Step-by-Step Application Guide
Interested applicants should visit the Diyanet Burslari scholarship official website to see guide on how to apply. First, the applicants will have to become a member of the “Diyanet Bursları Yönetim Sistemi” (DBYS) and activate their membership. After completing the registration process and providing correct information during the registration, you can then apply for the scholarship.
Following preliminary selection, interviews will be held in Turkish embassies, consulates, coordination centres, or pre-determined schools.
The deadline date for the Diyanet Burslari scholarship 2024 is in February, 2024.