About the Chevening Scholarship – The Chevening Scholarship is a prestigious international awards program administered by the United Kingdom government in order to develop global leaders. It gives future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers from all over the world the opportunity to grow academically and professionally, network extensively, and experience UK culture.ScholarshipBoard
Chevening Scholarship Host Institutions
The scholarship is available at a number of UK universities. Students who are awarded a Chevening Scholarship can study at any university in the United Kingdom.
Level of study: Postgraduate (Masters)
Also Check: Erasmus Mundus Scholarship 2024 Application Form
Field of Study
Chevening Scholarships are available in a variety of fields and are not limited to a specific field of study. Applicants should, however, choose fields that align with Chevening’s goals of developing future leaders.
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
The Chevening Scholarship is highly competitive, and the acceptance rate is not stated explicitly. Given its prestige and benefits, it attracts applications from a diverse range of qualified and talented individuals worldwide.Chevening Scholarship 2024 Application Form – Apply Here
Chevening Scholarship Value/Inclusions
The Scholarship value/inclusions comprise of:
- Payment of tuition fees;
- Travel to and from your country of residence by an approved route for you only;
- An arrival allowance;
- A grant for the cost of preparation of a thesis or dissertation (if required);
- An excess baggage allowance;
- The cost of an entry clearance (visa) application is for you only;
- A monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover accommodation and living expenses. The monthly stipend will depend on whether you are studying inside or outside London. It is currently £917 per month outside London and £1134 per month inside London (subject to annual review).
The scholarship is awarded to individuals with outstanding academic records ambition, leadership qualities, and a desire to influence positive change in their home countries.
Also Check: Larry H Miller Scholarship 2024 – Apply Here
Eligibility For The Chevening Scholarship
To be eligible for the program you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry into a postgraduate program at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honors degree in the UK but may be different depending on your course and university choice.
- Have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and receive an unconditional offer from one of these choices by the deadline listed on the application timeline.
Chevening Scholarship Step-by-Step Application Guide
- All Chevening applicants must provide proof of their education, references, and one unconditional UK university offer. The Chevening application timeline includes the deadlines for these required documents. To upload them, click the ‘update my application’ button above.
- If you are conditionally selected for a Chevening Scholarship, you must submit these documents in order to continue the application process.
Before applying, please read the application instructions on the scholarship website.
The deadline for the submission is 7 November 2023 at midday 12:00 GMT. For more information on the Chevening Scholarship 2024, visit the scholarship official website.