About The DAAD Scholarship – The DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst) or German Academic Exchange Service is a major organization based in Germany that promotes international academic cooperation. It offers scholarships and funding to students, researchers, and faculty from Germany who want to study or research abroad, as well as to foreigners who want to come to Germany.ScholarshipBoard
Host Institution: German Universities offering development-related postgraduate courses
Level of study: Postgraduates (Masters and PhD)
Also Check: Erasmus Mundus Scholarship 2024 Application Form
DAAD Scholarship Field of Study
The DAAD provides scholarships for various levels of study and research in almost all academic fields.
The fields of study that the DAAD scholarship supports include:
- Natural Sciences
- Engineering: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, etc.
- Life Sciences: Medicine, Pharmacy, Agriculture, Veterinary Medicine, etc.
- Arts, Music, and Design: Fine Arts, Design, Film, Music, Choreography, etc.
- Humanities: Languages, Literature, History, Philosophy, Theology, etc.
- Social Sciences: Political Science, Sociology, Education, Psychology, etc.
- Mathematics and Computer Science: Mathematics, Informatics, etc.
- Law and Economics: Law, Economics, Business Administration, etc.
Number of Scholarship: Limited
Acceptance rate: Not Specified
Scholarship Value / Inclusions
The DAAD Scholarship offers graduate students and doctoral/PhD candidates monthly payments of €861 (INR 73,720) and €1,200 (INR 1,02,746), respectively. They also offer flat-rate travel expenses. In some cases, students may be able to obtain funding for personal liability, accident, and health insurance. Scholarships typically range from €2,000 (INR 1,71,244) to €2,150 (INR 1,84,087) for teachers, assistant professors, and lecturers, with professors receiving €2,150 (INR 1,84,087).
Students from countries that are termed eligible by the Scholarship organizers. Click the link to see the eligible countries.
Eligibility For The DAAD Scholarship
- works in a developing country for a public authority, a state or private company, and as such is involved in the planning and execution of directives and projects with an emphasis on development policies affecting technological, economic, or social areas.
- holds a Bachelor’s degree (typically four years) in a related field.
At the time of application, the applicant has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor’s).DAAD Scholarship 2024 Application Form – Apply Here
- His/her academic degrees should not be older than six years.
- Applicants who have been in Germany for more than 15 months at the time of the application deadline will not be considered.
- Comply with the DAAD’s language requirements.
- If you want to visit Germany for up to six months, you must have lived in your home country for at least one year before applying.
- If you want to stay in Germany for more than six months, you must have completed your last degree in your home country.
- While these are the standard DAAD scholarship requirements, be sure to visit the official website for more information.
Also Check: Larry H Miller Scholarship 2024 – Apply Here
Documents Required For The DAAD Scholarship
Some of the most common documents required for DAAD scholarship applications are as follows:
- Online application form
- CV or Resume
- Certificate of Enrollment filled by the home institution as proof of current enrolment.
- NOC (No objection certificate) filled and stamped by the home institution.
- Application form by German host filled in by German supervisor
- Invitation letter from the German supervisor.
- Reference from the university teacher of your home institution.
- Letters of motivation (if applying for a study scholarship)
- Detailed proposal (if applying for a research grant)
- University degree certificates indicating final grades.
DAAD Scholarship Step-by-Step Application Guide
The steps to apply for a DAAD scholarship are given below:
- Visit the DAAD Scholarship Database.
- Fill out the necessary information and look for a DAAD scholarship program that is right for you.
- Fill in all of your personal information and register.
- Upload all of the above-mentioned documents, and check for any additional documents that need to be uploaded.
- Send a copy of your application form summary via postal mail to the DAAD office.
Deadline For The DAAD Scholarship
The deadline for the DAAD scholarship depends on the program chosen. You can access the deadlines for the various programs here.
Also Check: USC Merit Scholarships College Confidential
Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst e.V. (DAAD)
Telephone advice on DAAD scholarships and on the topics of study, research, and teaching for incoming and outgoing students.
Tel.: +49 (228) 882-180
Telephone consultation hours:
- Monday – Thursday: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. (CEST) and 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. (CEST)
- Friday: 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. (CEST)
Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst e.V. (DAAD)
Im WissenschaftsForum am Gendarmenmarkt
Government liaison office
Tel.: +49 30 20 22 08-0
Fax: +49 30 20 41 267