The University of Texas Health Science Center is announcing the Outstanding New Student Scholarships for the academic year 2022-2023 in order to provide students with financial support so they may focus on preparing for a meaningful and challenging career.
The grant is available to both international and domestic students interested in pursuing a master’s or doctoral degree at the UT Health School of Public Health. Both incoming residents and non-resident students are eligible to apply. The scholarship will be used to cover the tuition for the chosen program.
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston is a public, academic health science complex in Houston, Texas, founded in 1972 by The University of Texas System Board of Regents and headquartered in the Texas Medical Center, the world’s biggest medical center.
Why should you pursue your studies at the University of Texas Health Science Center? UT Health is a community of passionate researchers, educators, students, and advocates working to achieve health without boundaries.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by December 1st, 2022.
Description in Brief
- University or Organization: University of Texas Health Science Center Department: School of Public Health
- Level: Master or Doctorate
- Award: Tuition fee
- Awards: NA
- Online access is available.
- International and nationality
- The award may be accepted in the United States.
- Eligible Countries: Interested students from all over the world, including their home country, are welcome to apply.
- Eligible Courses or Subjects: Applicants may apply for a master’s or doctoral program at the University of Texas Health Science Center.
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible: -Applicants must be incoming students.
- The applicants must be pursuing a degree.
- Applicants must remain enrolled from the time of application until the end of the award term.
- Applicants must maintain a high academic standing (C or better in all coursework).
How to Apply:
- Applicants must first apply for admission to a program of their choice through the university’s application portal.
- Assisting Documents: The following documents must be presented to the university by the students:
- Official transcripts from postsecondary and professional schools
- Three recommendation letters
- Purpose statement
- Visa for students
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and a grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, as well as scores on optional standardized tests such as the GRE/GMAT/MCAT.
- Language Requirement: Students must submit results from the following English proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 95
- IELTS – 7.0
The successful candidates will be awarded this scholarship, which will reduce international students’ tuition to equal in-state tuition for their first year of study while giving in-state students an equal advantage.