About the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship – The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme is a global program founded by the Mastercard Foundation to assist intelligent but economically deprived young people from Africa and other developing regions with a chance at quality and inclusive education. The program is intended to nurture leaders who will contribute to the social and economic change of their communities.ScholarshipBoard
Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Host Institution
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme works with a variety of institutions around the world to provide scholarships. Universities and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) from Africa, the United States, and Canada are among these institutions.
Level of study: Secondary, Undergraduate, and Postgraduate (Masters)
Also Check: Erasmus Mundus Scholarship 2024 Application Form
Field of Study
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme, in collaboration with its host institutions, supports a wide range of academic disciplines. The specific fields that are available are usually determined by the offerings of the partner institutions.
Eligibility for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship
Interested applicants must meet the following requirements to be considered for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarships:
- Candidates for an undergraduate (bachelor’s) degree must be 29 years old or younger at the time of application.
- Candidates for a graduate (master’s) degree must be 35 years old or younger at the time of application.
- Students must be academically qualified and have demonstrated a desire to make a positive difference in the lives of others.
Furthermore, each university has its own set of eligibility requirements. Examine the application requirements for the institution to which you want to apply carefully.
Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Step-by-Step Application Guide
There are some rules to follow and things to keep an eye out for before and during the application process for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme. Applicants should be aware of the following:
- Examine the Programme website of your choice to learn specifics about eligibility criteria, requirements, deadlines, and other application instructions.
- Choose the institution and program to which you want to apply. While there is no limit to the number of schools to which you can apply, it is important to note that completing an application package requires a significant amount of time and effort.
- Prepare the required documents for submission. As part of the application process, each institution requires a different set of documents. If a document is not submitted on time, the application will be incomplete.
- Take the required tests a few months before beginning your application. Every applicant must first meet the university’s admissions requirements before being considered for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme. Tests such as the SAT and/or TOEFL or IELTS are required for all international students by some partners. Other university partners do not require completion of these.
- Ask for references. Most universities will require letters of recommendation. Before you apply, ask someone you trust, such as a teacher, mentor, or community leader, to help you with this step. Some universities will require you to submit your recommendation online. It is the applicant’s responsibility in this case to follow up with his or her referees regarding the online submission.
- Follow the instructions for applying to the university program. Some partners accept only online applications, while others prefer paper applications.
- Keep track of the deadlines and avoid submitting your application on the last day. Examine your application package to ensure that you have included all of the necessary documents. The Scholars Programme will not consider late or incomplete applications.
Check the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship official website for more information
Also Check: USC Merit Scholarships College Confidential
The deadline date for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship 2024 varies for their various host institutions. In order not to miss the date, candidates are to contact the institutions they applied to study in or check the official websites of the various institutions.