About the Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) Scholarship – The Global Korea Scholarship (GKS), also known as the Korean Government Scholarship Program, is offered by the South Korean government to international students who wish to pursue undergraduate or graduate studies in South Korea.ScholarshipBoard
Host Institutions: Korean Universities
Level of Study: Masters, Ph.D., and Research
Field of Study: Disciplines available at the partnering universities
Number of Scholarship: 1300
GKS scholarships are highly competitive because they offer comprehensive financial support for international students to pursue their studies in South Korea. As a result, the program tends to receive a significant number of applications from students around the world.
Global Korea Scholarship Value/Inclusions
The Global Korea scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for international students and it covers:
Target Group: All Nationalities
Eligibility for the Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) Scholarship
- Applicants from all over the world are welcome to apply. The Scholarship is now available.
- Applicants must be in good physical and mental health.
- Applicant must have a minimum CGPA of 2.64/4.0, 2.80/4.3, 2.91/4.5, or 3.23/5.0.
- In percentage terms, they must score 80% or above on a 100-point scale, or be in the top 20% in their class.Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) Application Form – How To Apply
- All applicants and their parents must be non-Koreans.
- You must be under the age of 40 on September 1, 2023 (born after September 1, 1983). (Master’s, Ph.D.)
- Applicants should have completed and/or be expected to complete a bachelor’s degree program.
- Students in their last year who are awaiting results may also apply. (In this situation, you must include a certificate of anticipated graduation while applying.
Gather the necessary documents for your application. These typically include:
- Completed GKS application form (available from the Korean Embassy or Consulate).
- Personal statement or study plan.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Academic transcripts and diplomas.
- Passport-sized photos.
- Proof of language proficiency (Korean or English) if required.
- Proof of health examination.
Ensure all documents are translated into Korean or English as necessary.
Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) Step-by-Step Application Guide
Korean embassies or domestic universities that encourage potential applicants to submit applications to NIIED. As a result, applicants must submit their applications along with all relevant documentation to Korean embassies across the world or Korean partner universities.
- In the first round of selection, embassies and institutions select the successful candidates from among the applicants.
- Successful candidates’ applications will subsequently be forwarded to NIIED.
- Candidates who pass the first stage are chosen by the NIIED selection committee. (Second Round)
- Universities will consider the applications of individuals who applied through Korean embassies among the successful candidates who cleared the second stage.
Please click here if you wish to apply for the Global Korea Scholarship.
The deadline for the Global Korea Scholarship is most times September and February annually.