About the Nuffic Scholarship – The Nuffic Scholarship, also known as the Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP), is supported by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Its goal is to improve the capacity, knowledge, and quality of both individuals and institutions in the sphere of higher and vocational education. The Orange Knowledge Programme allows Dutch educational institutions to award scholarships to mid-career professionals from qualified countries to study in the Netherlands.ScholarshipBoard
Many notable Dutch higher education institutions participate in the program, therefore the list of host universities can be lengthy. The OKP has traditionally been linked with some Universities, Universities of Applied Sciences, Research and Training Institutes, and Other Specialist Institutions across Netherlands.
Level of study: Short Courses and Masters Program
Field of Study
The OKP fields of study tend to address important challenges in OKP partner countries. These topics are vast, and the specific courses or programmes within each field might be various.
Number of Scholarship: Not Specified
Acceptance rate: Not Specified
Nuffic Scholarship Value / Inclusions
The Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP), funded by Nuffic, aims to be a complete scholarship, covering a substantial amount, if not all, of the costs associated with studying in the Netherlands. This includes coverage for:
- Tuition fees
- Visa cost
- Travel costs
- Subsistence allowance
- Study materials
- Thesis research allowance
The Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP), sponsored by Nuffic, is primarily aimed towards professionals from a small set of developing countries. The programme aims to promote sustainable and inclusive development by training and educating professionals in crucial industries. The partnering countries include:
Bangladesh, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Colombia, Congo (DRC), Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Myanmar, Niger, Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Vietnam, yemen, and Zambia.
Eligibility for the Nuffic Scholarship
The eligibility criteria and requirements for the Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) scholarship, as funded by Nuffic, guarantee that the scholarship targets the correct set of professionals who can contribute to their home nations’ development goals. Applicants should be:
- Be a professional and a national of one of the OKP countries, working and living there.
- Have an employer’s statement that follows a specific format.
- Not work for a company that has its own staff development programme.
- Applicants must be mid-career professionals with relevant educational credentials and professional experience in the field of study they wish to pursue.
- Have a government statement that satisfies the requirements of the country where the employer is located (if applicable).
Nuffic Scholarship Step-by-Step Application Guide
The Nuffic Scholarship application can be made through the Dutch education institution of your choice. The procedure is as follows:
- Examine whether your application falls within the OKP focus areas established for your country.Nuffic Scholarship 2023 Application Form- How To Apply
- Check to see if you meet the OKP eligibility requirements.
- Look for a course on the OKP course list.
- Inquire with your employer about the possibility of being nominated for an OKP scholarship.
- Contact the Dutch education institution of your choice to learn more about the application process, academic requirements, and the online application link.
- Prepare your application by writing an employer statement, a motivation letter, a passport photo, and a government statement (if required).
- Submit your application online through the link provided by the Dutch educational institution.
The Nuffic Scholarship deadline date for the 2024 application submission is in the month of April, 2024.
Visit the Nuffic Scholarship official website for more information on the scholarship.