About the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) Scholarship – The Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) offers the KAIST Scholarship to international students interested in pursuing master’s or Ph.D. degrees. The KAIST Institute scholarship aims to attract the sharpest minds capable of contributing to the institute’s research efforts.
The Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) is South Korea’s leading research university. KAIST provides a variety of scholarships to both domestic and international students to help them with their academic goals.ScholarshipBoard
Host Institution: Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST)
Level of study: Masters and Ph.D. degree
Field of Study
The Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) Scholarship offers scholarships for various fields of study such as:
- Natural science
- Life Science and Bioengineering
- Liberal Arts and Convergence Science
- Business (Deajeon Campus)
- Business (Seoul Campus)
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
Acceptance rate: Not Specified
Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology Scholarship Value/Inclusions
The KAIST Scholarship for International Graduate Students to Study in Asia provides chosen applicants with the following benefits:
- Full tuition fee exemption;
- Living expenses of 350,000 KRW per month (for MS) or 400,000 KRW per
- month (for PhD);
- Additional Stipends can be available for research assistants.
The KAIST International Student Scholarship is primarily intended to assist international students pursuing undergraduate or graduate courses at KAIST.
Eligibility for the Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) Scholarship
- Only international students who do not have Korean citizenship are eligible to apply.
- If you are applying for a Master’s or Ph.D. degree program, you must provide verification of your bachelor’s degree.
- If you are applying for a Ph.D. program, you must provide verification of your Master’s degree.
- More than 80% to 90% of lectures are given in English.
- Grades required for English Language Proficiency:
TOEFL iBT score: 83
- Have a foreign passport. Applicants with dual citizenship (Korean citizenship) are not eligible to apply as international students.
- International applicants of Korean origin, regardless of birthplace, must also meet ONE of the two qualifications listed below:
- NONE of their parents are Korean citizens. Those whose parent(s) had previously held Korean citizenship must also present an official document proving their renunciation of Korean citizenship and the applicant.
- The applicant must have completed their elementary, junior high, and high school education OUTSIDE of Korea at a comparable and equivalent level of study. International schools in Korea are not recognized as foreign schools in this scenario. Those who finished their entire education (elementary, junior high, high school, and college) outside of Korea must also submit the following documents:
- The Certificate of Facts Concerning Entry and Exit is provided by the Korean Immigration Office.Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) Scholarship 2024
- Certified transcripts and graduation certificates from the schools attended.
Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology Scholarship Step-by-Step Application Guide
- Complete the online application form, which is available at this link https://apply.kaist.ac.kr/InterGradApply/.
- Pay a $80 or KRW 80,000 application fee, which is non-refundable.
- Please print your online application form. Please retain your application number for subsequent procedures including checking your final admission decision.
- Send a hard copy of your application along with all supporting documents to KAIST. Even if the online application is complete, those who do not deliver a hard copy of the essential documentation to the Admissions Office will be disqualified from the review process. After completing your online application, you can print out the admissions Office post address from the system.
- Check your e-mail on a regular basis. If an interview is required, the reviewing department will contact you.
The deadline for online applications for the Spring 2024 intake is September 14, 2023, at 5 P.M. The University must receive hard copies of application materials by September 25, 2023, at 6 P.M.
Visit the official page for more details on the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) Scholarship.