About the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship University of Cambridge – The University of Cambridge, in collaboration with the Mastercard Foundation, is delighted to announce the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme, an extraordinary opportunity for talented African students to pursue fully funded Master’s degrees at one of the world’s most prestigious institutions. This program aims to empower the next generation of African leaders by fostering transformative change, climate resilience, and sustainability.ScholarshipBoard
Host Institution: University of Cambridge
Level of study: Masters Degree
Field of Study: This scholarship initiative at the University of Cambridge spans a wide range of fields.
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
Acceptance rate: Not Specified
MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Value/Inclusions
You will receive a variety of fantastic privileges as a Mastercard Foundation Scholar at the University of Cambridge, including:
- Fully Funded Education: Tuition and other basic expenditures will be covered, allowing you to focus on your studies without worry.
- Monthly Maintenance Allowance: During your time at university, you will receive a monthly allowance to support your living expenses.
- Visa and Travel Expenditure: The program will assist you with visa and travel expenditures, making your trip to Cambridge as simple as possible.
- Laptop Allowance: You will be given money to assist you in purchasing the essential technology, ensuring that you have the tools you need for your studies.
- Cohort-Wide Induction Programme: Scholars will benefit from a full induction program, which will require early arrival in Cambridge prior to the start of the course. This program will assist you in adjusting to your new academic environment and connecting with other Scholars.MasterCard Foundation Scholarship 2023 University of Cambridge Application Form
- Mentorship and Support: You will have access to mentorship and support programs throughout your stay at Cambridge to help guide and enhance your academic path.
- Alumni Network: As a Mastercard Foundation Scholar, you will be a part of a vibrant alumni network that will provide ongoing support and possibilities for cooperation.
Target Group: Africans
Eligibility Requirements for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
To be considered for this life-changing scholarship, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Citizenship: You must be a citizen of an African country.
- Residency: You should be ordinarily resident in an African country unless you can demonstrate temporary absence for study or work with a clear intention to return, or if you have been displaced.
- Course: You must apply for a Master’s course of up to one year in length at the University of Cambridge.
MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Step-by-Step Application Guide
The application procedure is simple and consists of two major steps:
- Course Admission: To begin, use the course directory to apply for admission to the University of Cambridge. Make sure you finish this step before the course’s financing deadline. Course Directory link
- Scholarship Application: The scholarship application is integrated into the course application procedure. As part of this process, you will be required to give a supplementary statement outlining your personal commitment to helping Africa achieve climate-resilient and sustainable futures.
Check the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship official website for more information
- Application Deadline (for courses with a 5th of December deadline): 5th December 2023
- Application Deadline (for courses with a 5th of January deadline): 5th January 2024