About the Equity and Merit Scholarship: The Equity and Merit Scholarship is largely affiliated with the University of Manchester in the United Kingdom. It is intended to help talented but financially challenged students from specified nations pursue master’s degrees at the university level. The program offers two types of scholarships; full-time, on-campus master’s (one-year duration) and online distance learning master’s (three to five years duration).ScholarshipBoard
Host Institution: University of Manchester, United Kingdom
Level of study: Masters program
Field of Study
Engineering, ecology, health sciences, development, education, textiles, and law are among the disciplines available under the Equity and Merit Scholarship.
Number of Scholarships: 30
Acceptance rate: Not Specified
Equity and Merit Scholarship Value/Inclusions
The equity and merit scholarships cover full tuition fees as well as return foreign airfares, living expenses, and visas for students studying in Manchester.
The scholarship is meant for students who would be unable to study in Manchester without a scholarship.Equity and Merit Scholarship 2023 Application, Deadline, Eligibility, How To Apply
Eligibility for the Equity and Merit Scholarship
You will need the following items to apply for a scholarship:
- to be an Ethiopian, Malawian, Rwandan, Tanzanian, Ugandan, or Zimbabwean resident who has never studied outside of Africa (training of six months or less does not count);
- at least two years of professional experience in your chosen field of study (unpaid internships or volunteer work do not count);
- a bachelor’s degree with an overall good grade (you must have graduated before September 2022). The prizes are given to academically outstanding students, which usually implies you are in the top 10% of your class.
- to be committed to going home and to be able to exhibit the capacity to positively impact your own country’s future;
- a strong understanding of how studying in Manchester will improve both your career and the community.
- English language ability
- degree certificates and transcripts showing subjects taken and grades achieved;
- evidence of your English language ability as stated above;
- two up-to-date signed references.
Step-by-Step Application Guide
Eligible individuals who want to apply for this Europe scholarship program must use the online application system by clicking the apply button and following the procedures.
The deadline for the submission of the application for the Equity and Merit Scholarship is August 31, 2023. To get more information on the scholarship, check the official website.