About the Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship – The Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships are available to international students who want to study in New Zealand. Citizens of certain developing countries who want to study at the tertiary level in New Zealand can apply for these scholarships.ScholarshipBoard
The Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship is administered by Education New Zealand (ENZ) in collaboration with the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT) and funded through the New Zealand Aid Programme. The goal of the scholarship is to offer winners academic studies so that they can learn new skills and knowledge to help their country’s social and economic growth when they return home.
The Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships are hosted in various Universities and Institutes of Technology in New Zealand, and also some Pacific Universities for citizens from the Pacific region. Check the link to see the list of host institutions for the scholarship.
Level of study: Undergraduate and Postgraduate Degrees (Masters and Ph.D.)
Field of Study
The preferred fields of study for the scholarship are those that are most relevant to the development needs of your country (i.e. renewable energy, agriculture development, disaster risk management, private sector development, public sector development). Click the link to find out the preferred subjects for your country.
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
Acceptance rate: Not Specified
Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship Value/Inclusions
Successful candidates for the Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship get to receive the following:
- Tuition is paid in full.
- A weekly living allowance (stipend) of NZ$531 is provided. This will assist a scholar with his or her essential living expenses. If you begin your study programme online in your native country, your stipend will be adjusted to reflect the difference in global living costs.
- An establishment allowance of NZ$3000. This is to assist with the costs of establishing a business in New Zealand. You can use it to pay for things like lodging, textbooks, and other school supplies.
- When visiting New Zealand, you should have medical insurance.
- Tutoring costs up to NZ$1000, to help with the expense of further tutoring while you are studying if necessary.
- Travel within your own country. This is for travel from your home country at the start of your scholarship and return travel at the end.
- Insurance for travel.
- During your scholarship, you may return home. Scholars who have been studying for more than 1.6 years are permitted to fly home to see family. Depending on the length of your scholarship, we normally allow for one or two excursions. This, however, is subject to boundary settings and other limitations.
- A reintegration allowance of NZ$1000 is provided. This will assist with start-up fees when you return to your native country.
- Many postgraduate students will benefit from assistance with research and thesis expenditures.Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship For International Students 2023
The scholarships are available to the residents of selected Pacific, African, Asian, Latin American, Caribbean, and Commonwealth nations. Click the link to see the complete list of eligible countries.
Eligibility for the Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship
To apply for the Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship:
- When you begin your scholarship, you must be at least 18 years old. This implies that if you are 17 years old when you apply, you must wait until your 18th birthday to begin your scholarship in semester one.
- Scholarship applicants who are successful must meet both the academic entry standards and the English language requirements set by each educational institution.
- Applicants for postgraduate scholarships and those who graduated from high school more than three years ago must have relevant work experience. Work experience can be paid, unpaid, or voluntary, but it must meet the following requirements:
- One year of full-time work experience (at least 30 hours per week) OR
- Two years of part-time employment experience (up to 29 hours per week) is required.
Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship Step-by-Step application guide
The application process for a New Zealand Scholarship varies based on the country or region you are from. Most countries allow you to apply online, with different web addresses for each region. To access the online application form and complete information on how to apply for this scholarship, please visit the country-specific websites, the Policy Handbook, and the official website.
The deadline for the Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship is 28 February 2023, 12.00pm (midday).