About the MOFCOM Scholarship – The MOFCOM Scholarship is a scholarship program established by the People’s Republic of China’s Ministry of Commerce. Its goal is to improve communication and collaboration between China and other countries, as well as to cultivate talent for emerging countries. The program will help foster mutual understanding and goodwill between China and other countries, as well as train skilled professionals and future leaders who will contribute to the development of their home countries. The MOFCOM Scholarship program offers an excellent chance for international students to study in China without fear of financial hardship.
Students who are awarded this scholarship will attend Chinese universities. The MOFCOM Scholarship normally partners with a variety of authorized Chinese colleges that provide programs relevant to the scholarship’s key areas. The following is a list of universities:
- Peking University
- Tsinghua University
- Renmin University of China
- Beijing Normal University
- Beijing Jiaotong University
- University of International Business and Economics
- Beihang University
- Nankai University
- Tianjin University
- Jilin University
- Fudan University
- Shanghai Jiaotong University
- Tongji University
- East China Normal University
- Shanghai University of Finance and Economics
- Nanjing University
- Zhejiang University
- Xiamen University
- Shandong University
- Wuhan University
- Huazhong University of Science and Technology
- Wuhan University of Technology
- Sun Yat-sen University
- Southwest Jiaotong University
- Xi’an Jiaotong University
- Harbin Institute of Technology
Level of study: Masters, Ph.D., and Research
Field of Study
The scholarship largely focuses on topics of study that are linked with the applicant’s home country’s economic and social development goals as well as China’s bilateral cooperation agenda.
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
Acceptance Rate: Not Specified
MOFCOM Scholarship Value/Inclusions
1. Students are exempt from tuition fees, teaching material fees, research and survey fees, allowance of English-taught programs, and dissertation guidance fees.ScholarshipBoard
2. Free on-campus accommodation
3. Monthly stipend:
- 36000RMB per year per master’s student
- 42000RMB per year per PhD student
4. One-off resettlement fee: 3000RMB per person
5. Free medical insurance for international students
6. One-time round-trip international airfare for all the students (First-time flight to China after enrollment, and Fly back to the home country while graduation), and a maximum of “n-1” (“n” is for the length of schooling year which is set while the student was enrolled by the program, “n” is less than or equal to three) round-trip international airfares for home visits (one time per year set at the end of an academic year).MOFCOM Scholarship 2023 Application Form – How To Apply
7. The annual review is compulsory for all students. Those who pass the review may continue to enjoy full scholarships in the next year.
8. Other expenses shall be managed and used by the Ministry of Commerce or the universities as a whole, and shall not be distributed to students. The Ministry of Commerce only provides students with financial assistance within their enrolled academic duration. Students who postpone their graduation will not receive the continuing sponsorship.
Target Group: The scholarship is open to all nationalities (i.e non-Chinese citizens)
Eligibility for the MOFCOM Scholarship
For applicants to be eligible, they must:
1. Be a citizen of a developing country other than the People’s Republic of China and under the age of 45 (born after September 1, 1974).
2. Be healthy physically and mentally with a physical examination report issued by a local public hospital, and not having any disease or situation listed below:
a) Diseases prohibited by Chinese Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Laws and Regulations
b) Other severe chronic diseases like high blood pressure, cardio-cerebrovascular disease, diabetes; psychological diseases; or other infectious diseases that may harm public health
c) In the recovery period after major surgery or acute disease attacks
d) Severely physically challenged
3. With at least three years of working experience.
4. Be a bachelor’s degree holder when applying for a master’s program & be a master’s degree holder when applying for a doctoral program.
5. Be incumbents with a relevant educational background or working experience to the applied program are preferred.
6. Be public officials of division level and above (or corresponding level) in government sectors, or senior management staff of organizations and enterprises, or academic backbones of universities and research institutions.
7. Be sufficient in English which meets the academic requirements of the program, and be equivalent to IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 80 and above level.
8. Be with the potential for professional development, and be committed to promoting friendly exchanges and cooperation between the host country and China.
9. Be neither studying in China nor being admitted to other scholarship programs provided by the Chinese government.
- Application Form for MOFCOM Scholarship
- Photocopy of highest diploma
- Photocopy of academic transcripts
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal with a minimum of 400 words
- Two recommendation letters, including one from my current employer and one from an academic perspective
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form
- Photocopy of the English proficiency certificate
- Photocopy of a valid passport.
MOFCOM Scholarship Step-by-Step Application Guide
The application process for the MOFCOM Scholarship differs depending on the university and program of study. However, the usual procedure is as follows:
- Choose an appropriate university and program of study for the MOFCOM Scholarship.
- Carefully read the application guide
- Prepare the application documents in accordance with its specifications
- Complete the online application and fill out the university application form
- Follow all application procedures.
- Await the scholarship results.
The deadline for the MOFCOM Scholarship application is May 31, 2023. To get more information on the scholarship, visit the official website.