Hello there! Are you looking for a stress-free way of sharing your MTN mobile data to other people in seconds? Or perhaps, are you looking for a way to send mtn data bundle to some or even pay for someone’s data subscription? This article is for you.
This is because on this page, we will be discussing various ways of which you can use to send or share your mtn data balance to other people at no extra cost for executing the service sequence.
All that is required for you to do is sit back and read this piece to the very end as all you need to know will be expressly discussed on this page.
MTN Nigeria: History and all you should know
MTN Nigeria is a leading telecommunication company in Nigeria with the parent branch/Head Quarters in Johannesburg, South Africa. The parent company was first established in the year 1994 which is approximately 29 years as of 2023. Mobile Telecommunication Network (MTN) Nigeria start it operation in the year 2001 with it Headquarters located in Lagos State Nigeria.
Since then, the telecommunication company has proved to be one of the best and outstanding when it comes to providing telecom services to it customers. With a call rate of 11.00KB per second plus 4G internet access on most places in the company, MTN Nigeria can boast of being the best/leading telecommunication company providing executive services at affordable rates. Because we are not here to only talk about the MTN Nigeria network, we will head further on what is mtn data share services; educating you on all you should know about MT data sharing.
MTN Data Share Services
MTM Data sharing service is an operation lunched by MTN Nigeria for customers to easily share mobile data balance to other people usually; their friends, families, loved ones and/or anonymous person(s). To access the MTN data sharing service, all you need to do is read this article to the very end as we will reveal everything on this page.
How to Share Data on MTN Network
There should be over 3 ways of doing this on any MTN line. But for the sake of the tutorial on this page, we will be revealing four (3) easy ways by which one can use to share data with friends, loved ones and/or anonymous persons within second. These four (3) methods of MTN data sharing include;
- MTN data Gifting Method
- SME Data share for all MTN subscribers
- MTN Data share over the hotspot
How to Share MTN Data Using Data Gifting
MTN data Gifting is a data sharing service enabled on all MTN lines for easy sharing/sending of mtn data from your balance to other mtn numbers. To share MTN data bundle using data gifting, you can follow these steps:
- Check your data balance. You can do this by dialing *323#. You must have at least 50MB of data balance in order to share data.
- Enter the recipient’s phone number. The recipient must be an MTN customer.
- Choose the amount of data you want to share. You can share 50MB, 100MB, 200MB, 500MB, 1GB, 2GB, or 3GB.
- Dial *312*Recipient’s phone number*Data amount#. For example, to share 1GB of data with the phone number 08012345678, you would dial *312*08012345678*1000#.
- Press Enter. You will receive a confirmation message if the data transfer was successful.
You can also share data by sending an SMS. To do this, text “Transfer” followed by the recipient’s phone number and the amount of data you want to share to 312. For example, to send 1GB of data to the phone number 08012345678, you would text “Transfer 08012345678 1000” to 312.
The maximum amount of data you can transfer in a day is 3GB. You can transfer data multiple times in a day, but the total amount of data you can transfer in a day cannot exceed 3GB.
How to Share SME Data on MTN Network
The SME data share on MTN is a prepaid package which allows businesses to share SME data with their personnel or staff. The SME data share is capped at 250MB, 500MB, 1GB, 2GB and 3GB which means you cannot send data above or below data range listed above.
Here are the steps on how to share SME data on the MTN network in 2023:
- Migrate to the MTN SME tariff plan. You can do this by dialing *460# or sending a text message with the word “SME” to 131.
- Purchase an SME data bundle. You can do this by dialing *461# or visiting the MTN website.
- Share the data with your staff. To do this, dial *321# and select the “Share Data” option. Enter the recipient’s phone number and the amount of data you want to share.
The maximum amount of data you can share in a day is 3GB. You can share data multiple times in a day, but the total amount of data you can share in a day cannot exceed 3GB.
How to Share MTN Data over the Hotspot
This method is very common as it is the most used and preferred method of sharing data from all mobile networks to Computers/PC, Tablets, phones, etc with or without a valid SIM card installed on the receiving device. To do this, you should;
- Go to your phone settings and locate hotspot
- Create/change old password to one you can easily remember
- Power the hotspot settings ON
- Go the the receiving device and power on the WIFI connection
- Search and click on your devices then input the password you recently created
- It should connect in no time if all details are correct.
Frequent Asked Questions
Is it possible to share MTN Data to other networks e.g Airtel, 9Mobile?
NO its not
Do I get charged extra fee after sharing my data balance with someone?
- you don’t get charged any extra fee for using the MTN data sharing option aside the amount you intend to send out to a friend
Which is the best way of sharing MTN data with someone?
The best depends on what you need and one more convenient for you. Though, Hotspot method is more convenient if the receiver is close to you
Can I share hotspot to other phones using other network aside MTN?
YES. Hotspot data sharing works on all networks provided the device has WIFI