About the NDDC Scholarship: The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) scholarship is available to students from the Niger Delta States who have completed their national service and hold a first degree at the second class lower division or higher to boost human resource development in the Niger Delta region.
The Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC, is once again launching its Foreign Post Graduate Scholarship Programme to provide our young people with essential training and skills to effectively participate in the Federal Government’s local content program. It also allows them to specialize in their subjects of study and compete on a worldwide scale in a variety of professional professions.
Host Institution: The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC)
Level of study: Postgraduate Degree
Check Also: Kaduna State Scholarship 2024 Application
Field of Study
The scheme is for qualified applicants who have relevant Bachelor’s Degrees from recognized universities in the following fields of study:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Robotic Engineering
- Information Technology
- Artificial Intelligence
- Medical Sciences
- Hospitality Management
- Environmental Science.
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
Acceptance rate: Not Specified
Check Also: Borno State Scholarship 2024 Application
NDDC Scholarship Value and Inclusions
The international scholarship amount will be determined by the Naira’s current exchange rate.
Target Group: The scholarship is open to indigenes from the Niger Delta region in Nigeria who hold their first degree.
Eligibility for the NDDC Scholarship
To be considered eligible for this coveted scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be an origin in the Niger Delta region.
- Hold a First-Class Degree, Second Class Upper or Lower Division from a recognized institution.
Step-by-Step Application Guide for the NDDC Scholarship
Prospective and qualified candidates should visit the NDDC Website www.nddc.gov.ng to submit their application.
- Initial Application: Interested candidates must submit an online application via the Commission’s Website.
- Preliminary Shortlisting: Candidates will be shortlisted based on the following criteria:
- WASSCE/NECO results
- Undergraduate Degree classification (1st Class, Second Class Upper/Lower)
- Local Government Identification
- Computer-Based Test: Shortlisted candidates will undergo a computer-based test conducted by our consultants in Rivers State.
- Minimum Test Score: Candidates must achieve a minimum score of 70% on the test to proceed to the next stage.
- Further Shortlisting: Candidates who successfully pass the test will be further shortlisted.
- Final Verification: The final verification of the candidates will be done through the Local Government Area (LGA) and Community Development Committee (CDC).
The following documents must be attached to the application:
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Post Graduate admission letter from a recognized overseas university
- Relevant degrees from recognized universities
- NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate
Upon successful completion of the application form, a registration number will be automatically assigned. Applicants are advised to print a hard copy of the online-generated acknowledgment for future reference. All shortlisted applicants will be announced and posted on the NDDC website: www.nddc.gov.ng. These shortlisted candidates will subsequently be required to take part in a Computer-Based Test (CBT).
The Commission (NDDC) will not enter into any form of Communication with candidates who were not shortlisted for the Computer Based Test (CBT), those who were not invited for an oral interview, or candidates who were not successful during the oral interviews. Preferences will be given to candidates from Oil Producing Host/Communities/Local Government Areas as long as candidates meet the approved cut-off mark. The Commission will ensure a fair spread of courses amongst beneficiaries within each State.
Deferment, Change of Institution, and Course are not permitted
The Commission reserves the sole and absolute discretion to select in line with the above-stated criteria and its internal consideration. The decision of the Commission in this regard is final.
For Further Enquiries, Please Contact:
Director, Education, Health & Social Services, NDDC
Mobile: +234(0)9137806550, +234(0)9049409391.
The deadline for the NDDC Scholarship for Foreign Postgraduate 2024 application is November 3, 2023.