About The Finland Scholarship: The Finland Scholarship is available to students from developing countries who want to earn a degree at a Finnish university. The Ministry of Education and Culture funds the scholarships. Anyone from any country outside of the EU/EEA is eligible to apply. Finland is one of Europe’s fastest-growing international hubs, and its scholarships are open to all international students. It is home to some of the world’s greatest universities and provides graduates with a wide range of fresh and interesting careers. The application process and requirements are outlined below.Scholarshipboard
Number of universities in Finland, they are as follows:
- Aalto University
- University of Helsinki
- University of Eastern Finland
- University of Jyväskylä
- University of Lapland
- LUT University
- University of Oulu
- Hanken School of Economics
- University of the Arts Helsinki
- Tampere University
- University of Turku
- University of Vaasa
- Åbo Akademi University
Level of study: Undergraduate, Bachelors, Masters, and Mphill degrees
Field of study
The following are the available programs the scholarship covers:
- Agriculture, Forestry Fisheries and Veterinary
- Business Administration and Law
- Engineering, manufacturing and construction
- Health and Welfare
- Information and Communication Technologies ICTS
- Natural Science, Mathematics Statics
- Services Military, Science sport Science
- Social Sciences journalism and Information
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
Acceptance Rate: Not Specified
Finland Scholarship Values and Inclusions
The following expenses are covered by the scholarship for successful candidates:
- First-year tuition cost plus a relocation grant of at least 5000€.
- All Finnish universities provide varied percentages of the Tuition Fee Waiver Scholarship or the Tuition Fee + Monthly Stipend Scholarship.
- Travel expenses
- Health insurance
- Note that no separate application is required for the Finland Government Scholarship. By default, your application will be reviewed for a scholarship.
- There are no application fees; applying is always free.
Target Group: The scholarship is open to international students from non-EU/EEA countries.
Eligibility for the Finland Scholarship
- International students from any non-EU/EEA countries are able to apply.
- Applicants to the Bachelor’s program must have school-leaving certificates that allow them to pursue further education in their home country.
- Even if an applicant has previous higher education experience, upper secondary school diplomas are frequently required.Finland Scholarship for International Students 2024
- To be considered for Master’s level admission, applicants must have a university-level bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Master’s programs at Universities of Applied Sciences (UAS) normally need at least two years of work experience in the discipline after completing the Bachelor’s degree.
- In some situations, prospective applicants may be asked to take extra tests, such as entrance exams, SATs, or interviews.
- If English is not the candidate’s native language, institutions may need official proof of English ability.
- IELTS and TOEFL are widely acknowledged assessments, however colleges may provide different possibilities.
- Each university has its own English proficiency test requirements, and certain exemptions may apply. Applicants should seek help from their chosen university in this regard.
Step-by-Step Application Guide for the Finland Scholarship
- The application process is done online at Studyinfo.fi joint application. All eligible applicants can apply through the link.
- Start by searching for the study program you want to apply for.
- Also, if you submit a joint application, you can apply to up to six degree programs in one application.
- Please confirm the exact application period with the university/UAS of your choosing.
- Following the application process, the universities you apply to will review your application and make a final admission decision.
To apply for the Finland Government Scholarship, please provide the following documents:
- A letter of motivation
- A research plan
- A copy of academic transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation
Application Portal: https://opintopolku.fi/konfo/en
The deadline for the Finland Scholarship for International Students 2024 is January 17, 2024.