About the Chevron Scholarship: Chevron Scholarship is a scholarship program administered by Chevron Nigeria Limited. Chevron is one of Nigeria’s top oil producers and investors. In collaboration with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), provides scholarships to Nigerian undergraduates; the scholarship is limited for undergraduates.
Chevron Nigeria Limited is a model corporate citizen in terms of corporate social responsibility. Chevron has contributed to Nigeria’s economic, health, and education progress. The Chevron scholarship was established as part of the company’s corporate social responsibility to assist destitute children from low-income families in obtaining an education that their parents could not afford.ScholarshipBoard
Host Institution: Chevron Nigeria Limited with Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and Partnering Universities in Nigeria
Level of study: Undergraduate Scholarship
Field of Study
Scholarships are provided to students in the following disciplines of study:
- Agricultural Science
- Business Administration / Economics
- Computer Science
- Environmental Studies / Surveying
- Geology / Geophysics / Geo-Informatics
- Mass Communication/Journalism
- Medicine / Surgery
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
Acceptance rate: Not Specified
Check Also: NEDC Scholarship 2024 Application
Chevron Scholarship Value and Inclusions
The scholarship awards successful applicants funds to support their schooling needs and tuition fees. The sum is about N100,000 and N150,000 for undergraduate students.
Target Group: The scholarship is open to full-time second-year (200 LEVEL) degree students studying any of the listed courses in any accredited Nigerian Tertiary Institution.
Eligibility for the Chevron Scholarship
To qualify for the award, applicants must:
- Have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 in a 5.0 grade system or equivalent in other grade systems.
- Applicants must have obtained full-time admission to a recognized Nigerian higher institution.
- Applicants must be in their second year.
- Applicants must upload clear scanned copies of any documents to prove the legitimacy of their claims.
- Have a minimum of six O-level credits in one sitting.
Step-by-Step Application Guide for the Chevron Scholarship
- Only applications submitted through the web portal will be considered.
- SCHOLASTICA is the official platform for the NNPC / CNL JV National University Scholarship program.
- There will be no computer-based test. Selection of successful candidates will be based on a combination of academic indices from credentials submitted by students.
- Applicants for the NNPC/CNL JV National University Scholarship award program are ineligible to apply for any other scholarship program sponsored by Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL), its joint venture partner, Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPC), or any of its affiliates.
- Applicants and successful candidates are not required to make any payments whatsoever. Application for the 2023/2024 NNPC/CNL JV National University Scholarship program is free.
- E-mail applications are NOT accepted.
- CNL does NOT assign representatives or agents to assist applicants in applying.
- Any candidate found to have presented false documents will be disqualified or withdrawn at any level of the scholarship process.Chevron Scholarship For Undergraduate 2023/2024 Application
- If awarded the scholarship, you cannot transfer the offer to another university or course of study.
- Multiple application leads to automatic disqualification.
Registration for the scholarship is done online. Log on to the official website to see more information about it.
Check Also: Kaduna State Scholarship 2024 Application
The deadline for the Chevron Scholarship for undergraduate 2023/2024 application is June 23, 2023.