About the Akash and Shai Kuruvilla Memorial Scholarship: The Akash and Shai Kuruvilla Memorial Scholarship gives financial aid to undergraduate students who display leadership, diversity, honesty, and academic excellence.ScholarshipBoard
The Akash and Shai Kuruvilla Memorial Scholarship Fund, Inc. was formed in the fall of 2007 to remember the life of Akash Jacob Kuruvilla and to continue his legacy of excellence and generosity posthumously. Having committed to honor, leadership, diversity, integrity, loyalty, and wisdom, Akash Kuruvilla influenced a multitude that had the pleasure of being in his presence. The ideal scholarship recipients will embody those same principles and be committed to positively affecting the community throughout their collegiate years and beyond.
Host Institution: Akash and Shai Kuruvilla Memorial Scholarship Fund
Level of Study: Bachelor’s degree
Field of Study: This scholarship is open to any field of study.
Number of Scholarships: 3
Target Group: Open to undergraduates, this award is available to all international and U.S. students who will be enrolled in college during the upcoming fall semester. Students who apply must be U.S. residents at the time of application.
Akash And Shai Kuruvilla Memorial Scholarship Value and Inclusions
The Akash and Shai Kuruvilla Memorial Scholarship is awarded annually to three recipients for $1000 each, with $500 given at the beginning of the academic year and $500 given at the midpoint of the academic year upon maintaining GPA requirements and enrollment as a full-time student.
Acceptance rate: Not specified
Eligibility for the Akash And Shai Kuruvilla Memorial Scholarship
- In order to be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be accepted into an accredited 4-year college or university in the United States of America in the upcoming Fall semester or quarter
- Have full-time undergraduate status in the upcoming Fall semester or quarter
- Have at least a 3.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale if you are currently a senior
in high school and will be entering a college or university for the first
time in the fall. If you are already enrolled at a college or university and will be returning as an undergraduate in the fall, you must have at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale. When providing your GPA, please submit your weighted GPA if your academic institution uses weighted GPAs.
- Complete and submit the entire online application, which includes two essays:
- A 750-word essay answering the question “What does the phrase “The American Dream” mean to you and how do you embody the American Dream?”
- A 500-word personal statement. Include any information about yourself, your academic or professional goals, your financial needs, or any other information that will assist the selection committee in its decision.
- A letter of recommendation from an adult who knows you in an academic or professional capacity (ex: educator, coach, employer, supervisor, etc)
- A resume should include your work experience, extracurricular activities, and other accomplishments that you deem relevant to your consideration for this scholarship.
- We will also ask for the EFC (Estimated Family Contribution) from your FAFSA Student Aid Report
- We will also ask for a copy of your unofficial transcript to confirm your GPA and review your course load.Akash And Shai Kuruvilla Memorial Scholarship 2023
- Apply by the appointed deadline
Candidates for this scholarship must meet all of the requirements outlined in the online application by the appointed deadline.
Application Portal: Interested applicants should visit the scholarship’s official website
How to Apply for the Akash And Shai Kuruvilla Memorial Scholarship
- Visit the scholarship official online portal
- Fill out the application form
- Personal statement
- Recommendation letters (2)
- Official Transcript
- Tax form
Contacts: Email Address/Phone Number: email@example.com
The deadline for the Akash and Shai Kuruvilla Memorial Scholarship Fund application is June 23, 2023.