About the Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD) Scholarship: The SMUD Powering Futures Scholarship provides financial assistance to residents of the Sacramento Municipal Utility District’s (SMUD) service area in California who wish to attend college in any state, particularly those planning to major in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM). The application period for the SMUD Powering Futures college scholarship and internship program is now open. Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD) distributes energy to Sacramento County, California, and a small portion of neighboring Placer County.ScholarshipBoard
Host Institution: University in California and other states.
Level of Study: Undergraduate Scholarship
Field of Study: The scholarship is open to current high school seniors or graduates who have earned a GED certificate or are currently postsecondary undergraduate students.
Number of Scholarship: 21
The scholarship is open to undergraduate students who are enrolled or plan to enroll in an accredited two or four-year college or university.
SMUD Scholarship Value and Inclusions
SMUD provided up to $60,000 in college scholarships for local students. As many as 21 local students may receive up to $5,000 each in scholarships.
Acceptance rate: Not specified
Eligibility for the Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD) Scholarship
The list of eligibility criteria is given below:
- Be a current high school senior or graduate, have earned a GED certificate, or currently be a postsecondary undergraduate student.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0, based on a 4.0 scale.
- Plan to enroll in an accredited 2- or 4-year college or university in the U.S. in the fall of 2020.
- Be an SMUD customer living in SMUD’s service area, or have an SMUD customer as a legal guardian.Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD) Scholarship 2023 Application
Awards will be made on the basis of merit and financial need, with a preference given to students pursuing a major relevant to a career at SMUD. The award is not available to SMUD workers or their dependents.
Application Portal: Interested applicants should visit the official website at smud.org/scholarships.
How to apply for the Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD) Scholarship
- Visit the official scholarship website
- log in to apply for the scholarship login you can check here
- Then you fill in the required details.
Contacts: Email Address/Phone Number: 95852-0830
The deadline for the Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD) Scholarship is March 1, 2023.