This still leaves me in shock as many students who have written the jamb examination cry of not being able to check their J.A.M.B result, it is like the “Looking for what is in the shokoto in sokoto” adage. You don’t have to visit a cyber café, your phones! Yes your message you use to text friends and receive texts is what you are to use, now you see how long you have been in the dark.
This piece of information is for the participant of the just concluded 2020/2021 Jamb UTME examinations. J.A.M.B has released the results for all who sat for the exams, and candidate can now look up their results; in this article I will be showing you how to go about the result checking via sms.
Below are the guidelines on how to check your J.A.M.B result within few minutes from your device.
- Send ‘UTME RESULT, in capital letters as the body and in the space allocated for recipient number put 551019.
- Make sure the sim or number you used in the registration process is what you used in sending the message; in a situation where the sim gets damaged or lost you have to welcome back or retrieve it.
- The 2021 result will be sent to you in not more than 15 – 30 minutes, if it stays longer than that, you are to send your surname, first name, and registration number to 55019.
- Do not send another text your message is not replied until the 30 minutes duration Elapses.
- Withheld results too will be shown which means jamb has not supplied the result for the particular candidate.
- In some cases Jamb do send “Withheld pending” which means candidate might have to upload documents for clarification.
- “CANDIDATE ABSENT” is another possibility that will come up as message for candidates who were in absentia.
- ABSENT WITH REGISTRATION NUMBERis yet another message that will be sent.
- “INVALID ENTRANCE” is another message for candidates who forced themselves into the examination hall or shied away from the biometric exercise.
- You will be charged for your S.M.S, so make sure you have a balance of at least ₦50 on your mobile phone.
- Remember to recheck the code, Recheck if the number used in registration is the number you are using to send the text to 55019.
- If it does not work after all this there is a high possibility you supplied a wrong number during registration.
Leave a Reply