Fulbright scholarship 2021 Application form portal, requirements, process and deadline – apply.iie.org/account/register. See the detailed requirements and steps to apply for the Fulbright Scholarship online application on the official Fulbright scholarship portal – https://apply.iie.org/account/register.
We are going to talk about the requirements to register in the Fulbright Scholarship 2021 Application Form Portal, steps to do Fulbright online application, opportunities at the Fulbright US Scholarship Program, and how it can be done successfully.
The Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program is aimed at providing great opportunities for American citizens; including academics, professionals, and administrators to carry out professional projects, attend seminars abroad, and teach overseas.
You are probably here because you are interested in the Fulbright Scholarship 2021 Application. This article will not only give you the full information but will also give you a step-by-step guide on how to apply at the Fulbright Scholarship 2021 Application Form Portal.
However, before proceeding to the guide on how to use the Fulbright Scholarship 2021 Application Form Portal, you need to have enough information concerning the Fulbright Scholarship 2021.
Fulbright scholarship application requirements
Requirements to register at the Fulbright Scholarship 2021 Application Form Portal
- All applicants are required to submit their project statements
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume of applicants is required
- Applicants must also submit Letter of Recommendation.
- All applicants are required to submit short Essays.
- The Research or Teaching/Research activities program requires Bibliography from applicants.
- Research or Teaching/Research activities program requires Syllabi from applicants.
- Letter of Invitation may be required.
- Proof of language proficiency may be required.
- Arts discipline requires Portfolio.
Eligibility for Fulbright US Scholarship Program
- Applicants for the Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program must hold U.S citizenship during the time of application. It is not enough to have a permanent residence.
- U.S. citizens that have resided overseas for 5 or more years consecutively before the application deadline are not eligible.
- Doctoral students and graduates that are seeking funding to complete their degrees are not eligible.
- Recent college graduates who have limited professional experiences should apply for the Fulbright U.S. Student Program.
- Beneficiaries of Fulbright Scholar Award can apply for another award but it must be two years after the date of completion of the first award.
- Beneficiaries of the Fulbright Specialist Program do not have to wait for two years before applying for the Fulbright Scholarship.
- Employees of the U.S. Department of States, private or public entities under contract to the US Department of State, and U.S. Agency for International Development, and their immediate families are not eligible to apply for Fulbright program, except their appointment was terminated at least one year prior to applying for Fulbright Scholar Award.
Opportunities For U.S. Scholars at Fulbright US Scholarship Program
- Fulbright Scholar Award
This consists of the chunk of awards that are offered including opportunities for artists, scholars, and professionals in every career level.
However, some awards may be restricted to specific career level or scholar types. Eligibility and location varies across every award. There are three unique opportunities that ae within the U.S. Scholar Program namely; Public Policy Fellowship, Global Scholar Award, and Arctic Initiative.
- Fulbright Distinguished Scholar Awards
This award is popularly regarded as the most prestigious appointments in the Fulbright Scholar Program. These awards are only available for scholars who have more than 7 years of experience in their area of specialty or discipline.
Beneficiaries of this award are expected to engage host institutions actively with the aim to promote mutual understanding and knowledge sharing.
- Fulbright Postdoctoral Awards
The Postdoctoral Awards gives an opportunity to scholars who recently graduated to carry out research and receive professional training overseas. Scholars who will have received a doctorate degree (Ph.D., J.D., M.D., Ed.D., etc.), in five years of the date of fellowship are eligible for this award.
- Fulbright International Education Administrator Awards
The International Education Administrator Awards provides senior higher education officials as well as professionals a chance to engage in a 2-weeks intensive seminar where they will learn about the education system of the host country and establish a network of U.S. and international colleagues.
Is Fulbright only for US citizens?
Fulbright Scholarship program is not only for US citizens, just as the program funds U.S. citizens to study, teach and research in countries outside United States, the Fulbright also sponsors non-US citizens to study, teach and research in the United States.
Requirement for Non-U.S. Citizens
- Applicants must meet up with the citizenship requirements which is defined by the binational agreement in the 49 countries that have Fulbright Commission.
- Applicants must be national or permanent residents, citizens that are qualified to possess a valid passport of countries where the Fulbright program is being administered in the U.S. Embassy.
- Foreign candidates are not permitted to hold permanent residency/citizenship in the U.S. and citizenship in a part country.
- Fulbright applicants that are heading to the U.S. may be required to tender International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Fulbright scholarship application process
See the detailed Fulbright scholarship application process below;
Step-by-Step guide on how to use the Fulbright Scholarship 2021 Application Form Portal
The information on how to complete the application has also been given in a PDP format by Fulbright, you can download the application instruction through this link;
To register for an account, follow the steps below;
Visit this official Fulbright scholarship application form here.>>https://apply.iie.org/account/register
- The registration page will open. Input your functional email address, first name, and birthday. Once you are done, press ‘Continue’.
- A temporary pin will be sent to your email address. Get the pin and inset it in the ‘Temporary Pin window, fill in your date of birth again, then click ‘Login’.
- You will be prompted to set a password, once you are done, click ‘Set Password’, it will open your dashboard.
- Click ‘Start New Application and choose ‘Fulbright Scholarship Program to commence your application.
- Once you have clicked it, a window will pop up, navigate to ‘Open Application’.
- You will be taken to the instruction Overview Page. Take your time to read through the information provided because it is extremely important.
- Once you are through, scroll down to the bottom of the page and Click ‘Save and Continue’.
- In the new page, you will be asked if you are a U.S. Citizen or not, choose the right open.
- Choose if you have a Doctoral Degree or not and also choose any of the two awards that are available for Fulbright Student Program.
- Choose if you are applying in one of the performing or creative disciplines.
- Also choose if you are applying to a Multi-Country Award.
- Scroll down and choose ‘Yes’ to certify that you have read the IIE’s Program Privacy Statement.
- Click ‘Save and Continue’.
- Give relevant answers to all the questions in the Country & Award Selection page of the iie Portal Fulbright, then click ‘Save and Continue’.
- Fill in your personal information accurately. Crosscheck every information you have filled in before you click ‘Save and Continue’.
- Provide all the details in the Contact Information Page, click Save and Continue’.
- The next page is Program Information, answer the questions accurately then click ‘Save and Continue’.
- Fill in your accurate information on the next page which is Affiliation, click ‘Save and Continue’.
- The following pages are; Academic Information, Awards & Achievements, Professional Information, Experience Abroad, Language Self-Evaluation, Recommenders & Language Evaluators, and Signature. Keep pressing ‘Save and Continue’ after filling in each of the pages.
- The last page gives you an opportunity to review every information you have provided. On the last page, click ‘Click Here To Preview Application Proof’. It will take you to the preview page, take your time and confirm everything. You can decide to print your details during preview. Click on the printer symbol on the top left of the preview page if you want to print.
- Once you are done on the preview page, click ‘Return’, to get back to the submitting page.
- Once you are done, click Submit.
Fulbright scholarship application deadline
The Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program 2022 – 2023 closed on 15 September 2021. However, you should get to know what the program offers and how you can apply during the next phase of the application.
Leave a Reply