Hispanic Scholarship Fund Requirements 2023 – GPA Requirements, and Citizenship Requirements
You are going to learn about the Hispanic Scholarship Fund requirements, the GPA requirements, as well as the Citizenship requirements in this article.
We will also talk about the HSF scholarship amount as well as the Hispanic Scholarship Fund phone number.
For starters, let’s talk a little about the Hispanic Scholarship Fund
What is the Hispanic Scholarship Fund?
Hispanic Scholarship Fund was founded to assist students of Hispanic and Latino heritage and their parents by providing them with resources and financial assistance.
This HSF empowers students and gives them the needed support and assistance to enable them to successfully complete college education.
There are several Scholar Support Services that are available for students and their parents at Hispanic Scholarship Fund. These services are the major benefit scholars enjoy for being Hispanic Scholarship Fund Scholars.
Hispanic Scholarship Fund Requirements 2023
There are basic requirements that interested students must meet before they are eligible to apply for the Hispanic Scholarship Fund.
- Students who are interested in HSF must be U.S. citizens, DACA, or permanent residents.
- Hispanic or Latino heritage.
- High Students who are interested must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA on a scale of 4.0 or its equivalent.
- College or Graduate students who intend to apply for the HSF must have a minimum of 2.5 GPA on a scale of 4.0 or its equivalent.
- Students must be planning to enroll in a 4-year university or graduate school for the 2021 – 2022 academic year in the US. The university or graduate school must be accredited, public, or not-for-profit.
- All interested applicants may be requested to submit a state-based financial aid form or FAFSA.
Who is eligible for the Hispanic Scholarship Fund?
The Hispanic Scholarship Fund is not a general scholarship scheme for every student in the United States. There are certain criteria for students who are eligible for the Hispanic Scholarship Fund. See below;
- Students who are graduating high school seniors.
- Students attending Community colleges and on the verge of transferring to 4-year universities.
- All undergraduate students who are U.S. citizens, DACA, or permanent residents.
- Graduates of law, medicine, MBA, and every full-time Master’s and Ph.D.
Hispanic Scholarship Fund GPA Requirements
As stated above, the GPA requirements for the Hispanic Scholarship Fund are few and are not really hard, although it is a bit specific. See the requirements below;
- High Students who are interested must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA on a scale of 4.0 or its equivalent. (High School Graduating Seniors; the average of the grades accumulated from 9th Grade through the first term of the 12 grade).
- College or Graduate students who intend to apply for the HSF must have a minimum of 2.5 GPA on a scale of 4.0 or its equivalent. (A cumulative GPA is needed for at least 12 units/credits earned for undergraduate college students, and a cumulative GPA is needed for at least 9 units/credits earned for graduate students).
- Students who are going to be first-year graduate students in the fall must enter their undergraduate college information and submit their most recent transcript.
Hispanic Scholarship Fund Award Citizenship Requirements
To be eligible for the Hispanic Scholarship Fund, you must be at least one-quarter Latino/Hispanic. This means that a student must be from a background whose ancestors are from at least one of the countries listed here; Venezuela., Ecuador, Argentina, Brazil, Belize, Honduras, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Panama, Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, Cuba, Uruguay, Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Mexico, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Paraguay, Peru, Portugal, or Spain.
Most importantly, an interested student must be either a citizen of the U.S., a permanent legal resident, an eligible non-citizen, or a Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival (DACA), to be eligible to apply.
The Hispanic Scholarship Fund is not for non-US citizens with no permanent resident or eligible non-citizens. It is also not for U.S. citizens who are not of Latino or Hispanic heritage.
HSF scholarship amount
The Hispanic Scholarship Fund is between $500 – $5,000. How much a particular student receives solely depends on the student’s financial aid package and the availability of funds. However, not all qualified scholars receive monetary awards but the Scholar Support Services offered by the Hispanic Scholarship Fund is accessible to all HSF scholars.
Hispanic Scholarship Fund phone number
Lots of folks have been surfing the internet trying to get the Hispanic Scholarship Fund phone number to be able to contact them directly and probably ask some questions. If you happen to be one of those, here is the Hispanic Scholarship Fund phone number: 1-877-HSF-INFO.
HSF Contact Email
Alternatively, you can send a mail to the Hispanic Scholarship Fund and you will be responded to as soon as possible. They have a fast email response rate and you can be sure of getting answers to your questions or requests. Wondering how to send them a mail? Here is the Hispanic Scholarship Fund contact Email: email@example.com. Please note that this email is strictly for scholarship-related matters.
If you have other reasons to reach out to Hispanic Scholarship Fund please use their official contact form; https://www.hsf.net/contact-us. You will be reached out to within 48 hours.
Hispanic Scholarship Fund legit
The Hispanic Scholarship Fund is a legitimate scholarship scheme that has touched the lives of numerous students in the United States. The HSF is regarded as one of the top scholarship, educational resource, and support services rendering platforms in the United States.
The Hispanic Scholarship Fund has been in existence since 1975 and has been actively assisting students to have a successful college education experience.