Getting a graduate school scholarship can be very relieving because it will help pay for your graduate degree or programs. Several graduate scholarships may be awarded by colleges or universities and they are usually given based on merits or financial needs.
Merit means the scholarship is awarded based on the student’s academic achievement which is measured through grades. Financial need is based on the financial status of the family which is measured through the annual income of the household.
Some of the scholarship awards for graduate students are usually tied to a specific academic major like MBA in accounting or doctoral studies in physics.
According to NCES, the average cost of graduate tuition and fees stands at $18,416 yearly. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid or FAFSA rates graduate or professional students as independent. Graduate students can still submit their FAFSA application.
However, you can get funds to pay for your graduate school through private scholarships which are awarded by private organizations, or need-based scholarships which are awarded to students based on their financial status and they must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. There are also university-specific scholarships that are awarded based on academic achievements.
Whatever it is, the reality is that graduate students can also get scholarships to fund their graduate studies. Now let us look at the top 20 Full Tuition/High-Value Grad School Scholarships for US Students.
The Top 20 Full Tuition/High-Value Grad School Scholarships for US Students
- Adobe Research Women-in-Technology Scholarship – https://scholarships360.org/scholarship/adobe-research-women-in-technology-scholarship/
This graduate scholarship award is open to female master’s students who are studying data science, artificial intelligence/machine learning, or mobile. web development at universities in North America, including Mexico and Canada. Students are to submit their applications on or before March 1, 2023.
- Greater Than Gatsby Annual Scholarship – https://www.greaterthangatsby.com/academic-photography-scholarship/
This is a top-level graduate scholarship that is available to graduate students who are interested in photography and are studying in the United States. This scholarship is given annually and can be renewed. The deadline for the submission of the application is August 31, 2023.
- SR Education Group Graduate School Scholarship – http://www.sreducationgroup.org/scholarships
The SR Education Group Graduate School Scholarship is open to graduate students in the United States who graduated from U.S. universities in the past 5 years. Students are required to submit their programs’ ratings and reviews for consideration. The deadline for the submission of this scholarship application is on October 15, 2023.
- CeilingFanPro Home Cooling and Global Warming Scholarship – https://ceilingfanpro.com/ceilingfanpro-scholarship/
This top-level scholarship award is for graduate students who are currently enrolled in United States institutions. Interested students are required to score a minimum of 2.7 GPA, or B- equivalent to be eligible for this scholarship. The deadline for the submission of this scholarship application is on July 31, 2023.
- CastleBranch-GNSA Scholarship – https://www.aacnnursing.org/Students/Graduate-Nursing-Student-Academy/CastleBranch-GNSA-Scholarship
This scholarship program is open to graduate nursing students in the United States. Interested students must be enrolled at an AACN member institution. An average GPA of 3.5 or more is required. The deadline for the submission of this scholarship application is on May 1, 2023.
- Unigo $10k Scholarship – https://www.unigo.com/scholarships/our-scholarships/unigo-10k-scholarship
Graduate students who are currently residing legally in the 50 United States or the District of Columbia are eligible to apply for this scholarship. Students are required to write essays on a specific topic and submit them online. The deadline for the submission of this scholarship application is on December 31, 2022.
- Payroll Vault Franchise Scholarship – https://www.payrollvault.com/franchise/
This scholarship award is for graduate students who have entrepreneurial spirit. Interested applicants with marketing, entrepreneurship, and business coursework are preferred by the scholarship selection board. The deadline for the submission of this scholarship application is on May 31, 2023.
- Need-Based Tuition Assistance at New York Film Academy – https://www.nyfa.edu/federal-financial-aid/scholarships-grants.php
This is one of the scholarship awards for graduate students in the United States aimed at supporting domestic students from low-income households. Students must be pursuing graduate programs at the New York Film Academy. Interested students must have earned degrees with remarkable scores.
- Earnest Scholarships Fund in USA – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WKLCQJN
This scholarship award program is administered by Earnest Operations LLC for undergraduate and graduate students in the United States. Interested students must be currently or soon to be enrolled at United States universities and colleges for the 2023 Fall Semester. An 800-1,000 words essay is also required.
- Robert T Jones Memorial Trust Graduate Scholarship – https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/students/robert-jones-scholarship-programme/
This is one of the top-level scholarships for graduate students in the United States. The scholarship award covers full tuition, fees, room and board. A special travel stipend is also given to recipients of this scholarship award. Interested students must have earned degrees with remarkable scores.
- AAUW International Fellowship Program – https://www.aauw.org/resources/programs/fellowships-grants/current-opportunities/international/
This is another top-level scholarship for graduate students in the United States. Between $18,000 to $30,000 is awarded to recipients yearly, the scholarship award is funded by The American Association of University Women. Students from any field of study are allowed to apply for this scholarship.
- University of New Haven Scholarship – https://www.newhaven.edu/admissions/graduate/graduate-assistantships-scholarships/
The University of New Haven offers special scholarships to graduate students who are admitted into the university. The University of New Haven Scholarship covers tuition, fees, experiential learning, and working experience. The scholarship award is for two years.
- University of Minnesota Fellowship – https://www.hhh.umn.edu/tuition-and-financial-aid
This fully funded scholarship award is available for graduate students and is funded by the University of Minnesota. This scholarship award covers full tuition costs, health and travel insurance, and living expenses. Interested students must have earned degrees with remarkable scores and currently undergoing graduate studies.
- University of California Scholarship – https://www.law.berkeley.edu/academics/llm/tuition-financial-aid/scholarships/
This is a fully funded scholarship program for graduate students in the United States. This scholarship is open to graduate students currently studying in the Law field at the University of California. The deadline for this scholarship application is ongoing.
- Academic Bursary Scheme – https://www.maryvillecollege.edu/admissions/apply/
The Academic Bursary Scheme in the United States is a scholarship scheme that is open to graduate students in the United States to study at Maryville College. The scholarship award covers tuition and fees to assist the student in completing his or her graduate education. Interested students are required to have a good GPA.
- American University Online Program Scholarships – https://programs.online.american.edu/admissions/scholarships
This scholarship award is open to domestic graduate students in the United States. The scholarship program is for graduate students undergoing their Masters level programs in economics and arts field. This scholarship award is merit-based and students maintain good academic records to remain eligible for the scholarship.
- Master Scholarship at Middlebury Institute of International Studies, Monterey – https://www.middlebury.edu/institute/admissions/scholarships
This scholarship is available for United States students at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies. The scholarship is on a first-come, first-served basis and is only for students pursuing their master’s program at the institution. An essay is required from interested students and an interview is conducted via Skype or in person.
- USA AMBUCS Scholarship Program – https://www.123formbuilder.com/form-4627011/2019-scholarship-application-form
This scholarship program is available to United States students currently pursuing their master’s program in the occupational therapy, hearing audiology, speech-language pathology, and physical therapy fields. The scholarship award is only for citizens of the United States. Applicants must be currently enrolled in a United States university for a graduate-level program.
- SME Education Foundation Scholarship – https://www.smeef.org/scholarships/
The SME Education Foundation Scholarship is open to graduate students pursuing degrees in an engineering discipline or technology discipline that is closely related to manufacturing. The scholarship award can be used for tuition, lab/course fees, or books. Interested students must be citizens of the United States or Canada and currently studying in any of the two countries. Have a GPA of at least 2.0 on a scale of 4.0 or 70 on a point scale of 100 (%).
- Pennsylvania State University Graduate Scholarships – https://webforms.bd.psu.edu/graduate-scholarships
The Pennsylvania State University Graduate Scholarships is available for students currently or planning to enroll in a Master’s or MBA Program in Professional Accounting. The scholarship program is only open to students pursuing their master’s program and studying either professional accounting or business administration. Interested students must have received bachelor’s degrees from an accredited institution in the region.