$15,000/Yr The Jockey Club Benevolence Scholarship 2024-2025 – Are you looking for an Equine Studies Scholarship? If yes, apply for $15,000/Yr The Jockey Club Benevolence Scholarship 2024-2025. Scholarship to reduce financial hardship for low-income students to attend a full-time college, university, or trade program. Interested applicants should see the scholarship details, requirements, and the link to apply below;
- Preference to family members of backstretch and horse farm employees.
- Applicants are not required to be pursuing a career in the equine or Thoroughbred industry
- Open to graduating high school seniors, undergraduates, and those enrolled in a trade school program.
- Minimum 2.5 grade point average.
Host Institution: Any college or university in the USA
Level of Study: Open to graduating high school seniors and undergraduates.
Field of Study: Any field – Applicants are not required to pursue a career in the equine or Thoroughbred industries.
Number of Scholarships: Not Stated
- Low-income students to enable attendance at a full-time program at a college, university, or trade program.
- Preference to backstretch and horse farm employees and their family members.
Scholarship Value: $15,000 ($7,500 per semester)
Eligibility and Other Details
- To be eligible for any of The Jockey Club’s scholarships, an individual must be a resident of the United States, Canada, or Puerto Rico.
- Minimum grade point average: 3.0
- Candidates have the option to apply for all scholarships for which they are eligible; however, they can win only one scholarship per academic year.
- Scholarships are open to any equine breed or discipline; preference will be given to candidates with the expressed desire to secure employment in the Thoroughbred industry.*
- *For only The Jockey Club Benevolence Scholarship, preference will be given to family members of farm/backstretch workers. Applicants are not required to be pursuing a career in the equine or Thoroughbred industries.*
- Scholarships are for one academic school year, paid per semester, and recipients must reapply every year.
- If awarded a scholarship, recipients are required to commit to at least eight community service hours per academic year (at least four per semester) in the equine industry (e.g., volunteering for an aftercare or backstretch organization). The Jockey Club can assist students in securing volunteer opportunities.
- For the spring 2024 semester renewal of a scholarship, students must maintain a 3.00 cumulative grade point average (2.50-grade point average for the recipient of The Jockey Club Benevolence Scholarship) and full-time status at the college/university/program that the recipient was enrolled in for the fall 2023 semester.
- If selected to receive one of The Jockey Club’s scholarships, the recipient must provide The Jockey Club with proof of enrollment at a college/university/program for the 2024-2025 academic year.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should visit the official scholarship application link here >> https://thejockeyclub.slideroom.com
Applications must be received by April 1, 2024, for the 2024-2025 academic year.