Southern Scholarship Foundation Fall 2024 Application – www.southernscholarship.org. Are you searching for housing scholarships? If yes, apply for the Southern Scholarship Foundation Fall 2024 Application. See the scholarship details, requirements, and how to apply.
The Southern Scholarship Foundation (SSF) is a self-help program that provides rent-free housing for college students. By offering rent-free housing, students have the opportunity to gain experiences that will enable them to become successful in their personal lives as well as in their careers.
Host Institution: Southern Connecticut State University
Level of Study: The scholarship is open to postgraduates enrolled at Florida State University, the University of Florida, Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University, or Florida Gulf Coast University.
Field of Study: Qualified students attending FAMU, FGCU, FSU, Santa Fe College, Tallahassee Community College, and UF are awarded scholarships in the form of rent-free housing to live in one of twenty-seven furnished scholarship houses that are adjacent to their college campus.
Number of Scholarship: Not specified
Target Group: Both international and residents of southern America who lack financial resources, demonstrate excellent academic merit
Scholarship Value & Inclusions
Students will receive free rent for housing valued at $5,000 annually. No cash awards will be given. This award is renewable for up to three years as long as the student continues to demonstrate financial need, maintains a 2.85 grade point average, and lives cooperatively within the house. The total dollars awarded for this scholarship is $20,000.
Acceptance rate: Not specified
Eligibility and Other Details
- A minimum 3.0 unweighted state GPA or 675 GED score is required to be considered. Any applications submitted with a GPA below 3.0 or 675 will not be considered.
- International and U.S. high school seniors or older students who have been accepted to Florida State University, University of Florida, Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University, or Florida Gulf Coast University are eligible to apply for this award
Application Portal: https://www.southernscholarship.org/applicants/#apply
How to Apply
- Complete the online application when it opens on August 15, 2023
- Submit supporting documents:
- FAFSA Student Aid Report
- Letter of recommendation
- Essays on goals, interests, volunteer work
- Applications must be submitted by November 15, 2023
Contacts: Email Address/Phone number; email@example.com, 32304-3450