About The Niger State scholarship: The Niger State Government has been providing her indigene with scholarships for several years now. This page will inform you about how to submit your application through the online application portal, as well as the prerequisites and qualifications, application deadline, and other important information.
Niger State has historically suffered from weak administration in terms of formal education. To fight this, the state government is taking extraordinary measures, such as offering scholarships to indigenous students who do not have enough funds to continue their education.ScholarshipBoard
When the state of Niger was founded in 1976, the Niger State Scholarship Board was established. The board’s only function is to disburse government subsidies to all indigenous students in Niger State enrolled in tertiary institutions (at home or abroad) to provide for their welfare and sustenance throughout the academic year.
Check Also: OFS Scholarship For MSc Data Science 2024
Host Institution: Niger State Scholarship Board and the State Government
Level of study: Undergraduate Degree
Field of Study
The courses chosen for this scholarship program include those given at higher education institutions in Niger state, including universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education. The courses are as follows:
- Agricultural Engineering
- Agricultural Science
- Business Administration/Economics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- System Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Environmental Studies
- Quantity Surveying
- Mass Communication
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Medicine and Medicine
- Dentistry and Dental Surgery
- Petroleum Engineering
Check Also: Jim Ovia Scholarship For Undergraduate 2023/2024
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
Acceptance rate: Not Specified
Niger State Scholarship Value and Inclusions
The scholarship will provide complete financing to successful students who cannot afford to continue their education. It also allows students to enroll in abroad programs that will widen their intellectual horizons. This would help to promote academic teamwork and bring out the best in the students.
Target Group: The scholarship is open to citizens from Nigeria who are indigenes of Niger State who are admitted to any tertiary institution within the state either public or private. A list of eligible Local Government Areas includes:
Eligibility for the Niger State Scholarship
To apply for the Niger State Government Scholarship Award Scheme, applicants must:
- Be a genuine native of Niger State.
- Have at least 5 credits in each WASC/GCE/SSCE, including English and Maths, with any of the three disciplines relevant to your field of study.Niger State Scholarship 2024 Application Form
- Accept admission to a tertiary institution in Niger state as a full-time student. Part-time students won’t be considered.
- You must pass all application levels and show all of the prerequisites, such as documentation.
Step-by-Step Application Guide for the Niger State Scholarship
- Visit www.nssb.org.ng.
- To apply, click the “Apply button.” Fill in the appropriate columns with the correct information.
- Download and complete the prescribed form.
- Attach all necessary documentation.
- Submit an online application.
- You might choose to manually submit your application to the scholarship board.
- State of Origin Certificate
- JAMB Admission Letter
- School Admission Letter
- School ID card or National ID or Driver’s Licence or International passport
- SSCE results
Application Portal: https://www.nssb.org.ng/
The portal has yet to be opened. The NSSB application portal usually starts in September, typically in the first week.