J.A.M.B is an entrance examination written by students who want to move from secondary schools (high school) to institutions of higher learning that award degrees, Diplomas and NCE. This body offers admission on the basis that one must have had at least 5credits in his/her O level exams.
1. JAMB REGISTRATION: The registration process for J.A.M.B begins by getting of a form from J.A.M.B accredited centres or its offices, the Jamb is absolutely free and no money should be collect from you for the form.
Pay a fee of 4000 as application for the examinations and collect a duplicate copy.
2. JAMB SYLLABUS: Jamb syllabus is a document made by Jamb from which candidates are to base their study on, it involves the books to read and the areas of concentration, this syllabus contains all areas from which questions will be picked from in setting the U.T.M.E questions so as to direct the students study.
3. ELIGIBILITY FOR THE EXAMINATIONS:
To be considered eligible for the J.A.M.B examination you must have fulfilled the following criteria which Includes being a holder of the following certificates.
- WASSCE with a minimum of 5 credit passes in the required subjects.
- NECO with at least 5 credits in the required subjects.
- NTC or NBC
- Grade II teachers certificate
Candidates who are also awaiting results in these exam can sit for the UTME provided they will upload their exams before the admission process expires for that year.
4. Operation of the Examination
The examination takes place once a year, 3 subjects are selected based on the course combination of the course to be studied, you are to seek academic advice on the right combination of course. The duration for the UTME examination is two hours. This exam in recent time has been run on CBT which is a computer based test and before that you are supposed to do biometric.
5. A.M.B Brochure
The jamb brochure is a document that contains the different schools that uses the U.T.M.E and the courses they offer and course combination jamb brochure is also available online as pdf, making it convenient and easy to access on your mobile device.
6. JAMB CBT:
Jamb decided to render the PPT Paper and pencil test obsolete in the face of rapid modernization because of its high vulnerability to examination malpractice, CBT which means Computer Based test was introduced, the examination is been set on a screen and the candidate are to choose option in the multiple choice exams.
7. JAMB CAPS:
In a bid to improve the exams and bring other innovations on board Jamb brought the J.A.M.B CAPS which means Central Admission Processing System to automate admission automatically into Nigerian tertiary institution, what that means is admission can be monitored from the comfort of one’s mobile phone or PC, thereby given the applicants the discretion to accept or reject admission.
8. JAMB IBASS:
This is a new innovation used to guide a student in his/her eligibility in a particular course or institution, to avoid the problem of a student not getting admitted because he opted for a course he was not eligible for.
Leave a Reply