In this article, we will show you how to do JAMB change of course / JAMB change of institution. Making mistakes when filling out are not a big deal. Not just from your personal details, you may also have mistakes in your file due to typographical errors. This is not something you should beat yourself up about. Finding a resolve to an issue is better than crying over spilt milk.
In this post you would find all you need to know, detailed steps you need to take, and how to go about mistakes in your JAMB course. Read till the end to get the full details.
JAMB portal for change, of course, is usually opened few weeks after the release of results. This means that if for any reason, you sat for your JAMB examinations, but you were not convinced of the course you chose, you can only make amendments to it, after the JAMB results are out.
If you applied for a particular course, let’s say you applied for Law but after the JAMB Exams, you felt the exams did not go well, and want to do a change of course and apply for Political science, you will not be able to access the portal till after the results are released.
Also, the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board Officials (JAMB), usually release a Memo when the forms for data correction/change of course would be available.
THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE BUYING A JAMB CHANGE OF COURSE FORM
- Discover your interests: Before you applied for the course you want to change, you were convinced to study it. If you have lost the zeal for that course, then you should also make sure that you have a passion for the one you want to go for next.
- Do not follow the crowd: If you want to study Nursing, go for it, don’t apply for Medicine/Surgery because all your friends want to be doctors. This is also an extension to finding your interests and passion. jamb result
- Is it really worth it? This is a question you should ask yourself. Find out if the change of course is actually necessary or not.
- Do your research: Do not go for a change of course if you have not gotten background information on the both courses- the former and the latter. Check if the course is in line with the subjects you wrote in your exam.
WHAT IS THE PRICE FOR JAMB CHANGE OF COURSE FORMS?
To change your course, you would need to procure a form from a certified JAMB CBT centre. This would cost you Two Thousand Five Hundred Naira Only (N2, 500).
PROCEDURES FOR JAMB CHANGE OF COURSE
- Visit the JAMB portal at https://www.jamb.gov.ng/Efacility
- Login to your portal using your Registration number and password
- Select the year of your exam or the year you are to write the exam.
- A list of available services would be shown, click on UTME Data Correction from the tabs that would drop down on your screen.
- Click on change of course/institution
- Proceed to payment
- Check in with an accredited JAMB CBT centre to implement your change.
Subsequently, if you applied for a course and you want to change it even before taking the exams, you will still be fined for that.
TAKE NOTE: IT IS BETTER YOU CORRECT THAT MISTAKE ON YOUR PROFILE, WHILE IT IS STILL EARLY, THAN RISK YOUR ADMISSION TO “HAD I KNOWN.”
Another issue you may face with regards to JAMB and the course the institution you applied for offered you is this:
Regularly, most people complain of being given a different course from the one they applied for. This issue is not from JAMB but from the institution you applied for.
Sometimes, it may be that you scored below the cut off mark for that institution, but instead of denying you the admission, they give you a substitute course, which you can either accept or decline from your JAMB profile.
Leave a Reply