After checking your Jamb result you know it doesn’t stop there right the admission process still continues, your score must have been sent from J.A.M.B to your choice institutions, J.A.M.B in its recent innovation has provided a platform called CAPS to update you on your J.A.M.B admission status. This is for UTME and Direct Entry candidates to know if they have been awarded admission in the schools (Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education) and courses they applied for, note it is the same process for all schools, if the candidate is finally admitted it will indicate on the portal showing the admission letter.
In this article I will show you the steps to take in always keeping tabs on your admission status
These are the step.
- Firstly you enter the website. www.jamb.org.ng
- Enter into the space provided your password and Name and then log in.
- After logging in, locate the “check admission status” tab and select.
- Click on the exam year and supply your registration number in the space provided.
- Lastly, select the “Check admission Status bar to ascertain your status.
These admission status checking processes could result in any three statement shown below;
“Congratulations you have been offered Provisional admission” you will be provided with options to accept or reject admission.
The Second way it could go is “Admission in progress” which translates to your admission is under check as you have been considered for admission, with this tag you should have 70% hope on checking back to see “Congratulations you have been offered Provisional admission.”
“Not admitted” This indicates that your admission status has still not been attended to but nevertheless you should check on it for a change in admission status.
There is a need to scrutinize your O level result to see if there is an alteration or mistake as this might actually influence your admission status.
- Go to jamb profile
- Click on Admission status
- Select “Access MY CAPS” on the web page
- Select the My O level result to check if your results has been uploaded and if it is correct.
Note: If your O level result has not been uploaded it is tantamount to you not registering at all as you admission will not be processed.
If your status shows “CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE BEEN OFFERED PROVISIONAL ADMISSION”:
- Log into the J.A.M.B CAPS and accept or reject the provisional admission
- Print the admission letter
- You can also get a print out of the original Jamb Slip.
Leave a Reply