Becoming a WAEC registration agent is not as hectic as being painted; do you have a business center running already? On the other hand, do you run a cyber café? You can become a WAEC agent today and supplement your stream of income.
The Gospel is; there is no specially approved center for WAEC online registration. There is no special official WAEC registration center. Anyone can be a WAEC registration agent and the fun fact is, it can be done anywhere. WAEC will not even come around to check your registration center to give you approval.
What do you need to get started as a WAEC agent or how do you become a WAEC agent? You’re in the right place!
This article has been compiled to guide you on how to become a West African Examinations Council agent and all you need to become one. Don’t take a chance, become a WAEC agent today.
West African Examinations Council (WAEC), which was established in 1952, as a non-profit making organization, after the governments of Nigeria, Ghana (formerly Gold Coast), Gambia, and Sierra Leone enacted the West African Examinations Council ordinances in the year 1951.
Aren’t you curious what WAEC is all about? West African Examinations Council was set up of a regional examining board. This aim is to harmonize and standardize pre-university assessment procedures in British West Africa.
Saddled with the objectives of:
- Conducting Examinations in the public interest.
- Awarding of certificates. This is if the certificates did not represent lower standards of attainment than equivalent certificates of examining authorities in the United Kingdom.
With all these Objectives, WAEC has allowed candidates all over the world to register for this examination. West African Examinations Council also permit private candidate aside school candidates to register for the exam.
Candidates can register for May/June WASSCE, November/December WASSCE, or January/February WASSCE. May/June WASSCE is primarily for internal candidates. Internal candidates are secondary school students or candidates that register under a WAEC registered school.
However, West African Examination Council has permitted for interest personnel or business center to be an agent. WAEC agents are saddled with the responsibilities of:
- Registering candidates for WAEC examinations.
- Selling of registration scratch cards to candidates.
- Selling of result checkers to candidates after examinations.
Who can become a WAEC Agent?
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has released a list of approved selling agents for the sales of WAEC Direct Scratch Cards. Once the agent has been accredited, they can make sales to every candidate.
The WAEC accredited selling agents are:
- Renown Fast Food Outlets
- Community Banks (First bank, Polaris Bank, Wema Bank, Access bank…)
- Call centers
- Business centers
- Post offices
- Organizations with sales of related items experience
- Entrepreneurs or Individuals with nationwide organized distribution network systems
Scratch cards can be easily gotten from any of those centers.
What you need to become WAEC Agent
To be qualified to be a West African Examinations Council agent, what are the things needed? You don’t need to fret about the bill.
You need the following to be qualified to register a WAEC candidate, either a private candidate or a school candidate:
- A computer system or a laptop: any of the two will do the work perfectly, it just needs to be of at least 1GB RAM. Getting a computer is bigger RAM is an added advantage as it will make the work faster.
- A stable source of electricity: if you are using your already existing shop, this should not be a big deal, but if not, a stable light source is needed, especially if you are using a desktop computer. Any power failure while registering a candidate might give you a setback.
- An Internet source: since most activities will be performed online, that is on WAEC’s official portal, you will need a connection to a strong internet source. If you can’t afford Wi-Fi or a Modem, you can start with using your mobile phone as a data connection, either through hotspot tethering or USB tethering. You can read up our article on how to use your mobile data as Wi-Fi.
- A printer: after every successful registration, a photo card for a private candidate and a list of registered candidates for school candidates are always printed. This printer can be a colored printer or black and white.
- Biometric Scanner: this will be used for thumb printing. Moreover, in the real sense, this is why most people have no choice but to come to a registered agent. For better results, the recommended biometric scanner is Digital Persona U.are.U 4500. You can easily purchase one online or use the nearest vendor to you.
After getting all the aforementioned in place, you are on the right track to becoming a WAEC agent.
Since you now know what you need to get started, can you foot the bill? Okay! Let dive into how to become a WAEC agent.
How to Become WAEC Registration Agent
Now to the process.
All you need to become a WAEC registration agent is a registration fee of #5,000.00 only. However, some details will be required from you. The details that will be required are:
- Nature of Business
- Relevant Experience
- Number of outlets
- RC number
- Other relevant information
The above information should be collated and forwarded to Head of Marketing, Fleet Technologies Limited, Plot 1187 Abimbola Awoniyi Close, Off kasumu Ekemode Street, Via Saka Tinubu Street, Victoria Island, Lagos. The body can be contacted through email@example.com or 01-270-0514/6.
Your submission will be reviewed and a response will be forward to you when processing has been done.
This is not a time to relax; you need to start getting your clients!
You need to ensure people are around you are well informed about your new business, advertise within your community, secondary schools around, and potential private candidates.
Knowing to market is the soul of business, and your business survival depends largely on marketing.
Are you having trouble? How can we help you? Use the comment box below to give us feedback and ask your questions.